Changelog 2017-11-30: New playermodels, new items and more!

• I switched back to previous version (opted out of beta) and got this error screen when I tried to load an old SP world (with lots of flickering graphics)

Windows 10 (x64) 10.0 Java: 1.8.0_131 amd64 0.8.2.4_36 -H:4096 -D:3072 (Steam)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, Aspire VN7-791G, 16307 MB (4225 MB Heap)
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 20161110000000.000000-000 20.19.15.4549
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 20171114000000.000000-000 23.21.13.8831
    java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask@4f7774eb rejected from java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor@4a6a73e3[Shutting down, pool size = 1, active threads = 1, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 0]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$AbortPolicy.rejectedExecution(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.reject(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.delayedExecute(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.scheduleWithFixedDelay(Unknown Source)
    at server.e.a(SourceFile:794)
    at u.q.a(SourceFile:175)
    at u.h.b(SourceFile:195)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

• Got this one trying to sign on to an MP server.

Windows 10 (x64) 10.0 Java: 1.8.0_131 amd64 0.8.2.4_36 -H:4096 -D:3072 (Steam)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, Aspire VN7-791G, 16307 MB (4225 MB Heap)
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 20161110000000.000000-000 20.19.15.4549
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 20171114000000.000000-000 23.21.13.8831
    at java.util.ArrayList.add(Unknown Source)
    at com.jme3.util.SafeArrayList.add(SafeArrayList.java:287)
    at com.jme3.scene.Node.attachChildAt(Node.java:354)
    at com.jme3.scene.Node.attachChild(Node.java:330)
    at u.a.a(SourceFile:377)
    at u.a.update(SourceFile:183)
    at com.jme3.app.state.AppStateManager.update(AppStateManager.java:287)
    at commons.JIWApplication.update(SourceFile:326)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:151)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:197)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:232)

• Alright, while playing these are the notes that came to mind. Not sure if they're helpful or not while other features have to wait for when I can get back into my other main world.

-------------

- More hair variations are needed. Painfully lacking. I however like the colour palette, the gender choosing, and such.
    - arrows from bolts should get stuck on solid surfaces (I later found out one was stuck in the ground yet was a syncing issue
    - World has a syncing issue where trees stay cut, ground doesn't morph when mined, and etc.
    - No torch holders to mount torches. (Fixed)
    - There's this weird issue with the player skin on either the musket or rifle when you look down the iron sight. There's this big blob of skin to the right that it's distracting as hell. Mutated appearing.
    - Clothing slot needed (Dragging onto portrait works, but taking it back off is a hinderance)
    - Character portrait needs clothing slots to take and remove
    - Pinecone furance needs a proper coal entry slot (fuel port) (Ignore that)
    - Character portrait needs fixing
    - Diving Suit 2 is broken (So are some other clothes). They need icons. There's a lot of missing images.
    - Clothing needs a category somewhere so we can craft in survival. I couldn't find it, and I'm sure it'll be added.
    - Pen Light is awesome. Nice new alteration, yet be awesome if you could flick the switch
    - Santa hat + VR are awesome. Great hilarious additions! 8o
    - Performance took at a hit/ Laggy sluggish. (Seems to be sound related).
    - You can hear other people sickling, pickaxing, and etc for quite a distance.
    - I love how the animals run away from gunfire. Goats & Moose come to attack you when you fire your musket & rifle.
    - Musket is stronger than a rifle (2 hits for rifle; 1 for musket) ( Must be my imagination. It's 1:1. Even with the crossbow.)
    - When holding a penlight/Light you should be able to hold the compass in the opposite hand
    - Needs a 'Loot all' option on corpse
    - Can't apply bandages on characters.
    - I love the red skull on the map for when you die, yet there needs to be one for every death until you loot.
    - There's an issue with hitting animals when moving to avoid their attacks. It doesn't seem to register when both entities are moving.

Part 2:
    - New torches appearances are nice. A nice realistic touch to it.
    - Torch holders can rotate nicely. I love that! It's similar to how planks behave.
    - New corn & food appearances. Animations. Love how you can see little cherries in hands + the new corn, apples, and etc. It's all awesome. Even shoving a lettuce in your face.
    - New cooked chicken & beefsteak appearances are insanely delicious. It's so juicy :love: (unless I'm imagining things, it's new to me.)
    - Pumpkin seeds have an issue of staying planted that they go back in your inventory after 2-5 seconds.
    - Depending on how close you are to others you can see them turn invisible. It's a similar issue in VRchat where a 'Personal space' option was used as a toggle option.
    - I absolutely love the new mining, raking, sickling, and other animations. They fit well. It makes the game more lively.
    - The stone mining sound has a nice stone clanking sound that sounds so crisp. It's awesome. Similar with dirt.
    - Made me happy to see I can place planks on tables to make picture frames, or anything of that sort.
    - Ammo fills the ammo slot at first, yet doesn't after for the rifle, crossbow, and musket. If the ammo is available in the inventory it should auto dump into the ammo slot.
    - The walking and running speeds are both something I can approve of. It's less hellish that it's now a blessing that it's been fixed.
    - I find it neat how the male character has options for 13 beards. That at least helps in variety.
    - Apparently hitting cancel still saves the layouts that it should just cancel out of it, not saving your selection.

-----------

There's more to be noted so I may either edit into this posting making a new post relating back to this one. Still doing experimentations.

• Various objects atop various tables and desks and the market stall. All work well except the Garden tables large and small. The items sink into the table surface.

Odd reaction when attempting to drop pumpkin from inventory, it continuously returns to this same area of the inventory - not inside slots. Relogged to the desktop and back in did not fix it. [having fun with new outfits: well dressed for a night on the town in jeans, medieval jacket1, groucho glasses, and sombrero]

No error messages with these, so did ss.

• Great update!
    The animations in general are great, a huge improvement over the old ones. Me and arctic tested out the chair ones, I was very impressed. The guy looks genuinely relaxed when sitting. The musket is a lot of fun, but I find the thumb a little large and distracting. Also the loading animation could be smoother, but is still great! I hope that one day we will be able to mold them, not just craft them with a button. All those clothes are awesome, tho the skin keeps on poking through them.
    I am rocking my current garb...

Nowadays you have to watch out for those naked bandits, they love to attack pirates!

"If all the world was apple pie, And all the sea were ink. And all the trees were bread and cheese, What would we have to drink?" ?(

• Zork and Harv are going to hate me. By placing a vase in the market stand I glitched out

-------

Windows 10 (x64) 10.0 Java: 1.8.0_131 amd64 0.9_37 -H:4096 -D:3072 (Steam)
    AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor, M5A78L-M LX PLUS, 16366 MB (4242 MB Heap)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 20171027000000.000000-000 23.21.13.8813
    at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadModel(DesktopAssetManager.java:416)
    at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadModel(DesktopAssetManager.java:420)
    at ai.o.a(SourceFile:150)
    at O.e.<init>(SourceFile:32)
    at at.g.a(SourceFile:343)
    at ai.E.a(SourceFile:156)
    at aJ.o.a(SourceFile:142)
    at commons.JIWApplication.update(SourceFile:286)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:151)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:197)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:232)

------------

To update my posting here's a portrait mismatch in the menu in the below image:

• I how to wear a dress ?(

• Noted above, yet going into detailing here.

Changelog 30-11-2017: New playermodels, new items and more!

I went to take a deeper look into the profile tab that it seems to save your selection on both 'save character' & 'cancel' button. All I wanted to do was see exactly what Red51 has added into Rising World's character creation that I discovered there's 3 hairs, 13 beards, and a save option for both options. Mainly surprised there's 13 beards to choose from. Nice!

I actually love the starting variations to the whole male and female variations, yet there obviously needs to be more for the hair types. I love how there's various colours to choose from, maybe some more to pick from when clicking the gear icons. The female character bugs me a bit wishing that we'll eventually see more body types for being taller, shorter, slimmer, fatter....... Not to cause misunderstanding, yet maybe even breast bust sizes in a more neutral context for females. People shall obviously abuse it because they're simple, yet this is more for customization side of things. Granted, this is just the beginning.

I'm content with what we have now, and only wanted to bring the profile saving issue to light.

• when I write "clothes xmashat" or whatever you want in command (even if just clothes) that just give me the error in red: clothing not existing is something to change in command?

• "clothing xmashat" in console.

I think this night, Red51 didn't sleep too much. I have tested the last commit and almost all the bugs I had seen have been resolved (image missing, the coming back of torchmount and sledgehammer). I can now make paper in the press (water)

For me, issues left :
    - bandages and split legs can't be appliqued
    - pumpking seed go back in inventory after planting then
    - morning star doesn't deal any damage

Also, I notice that you can't loot your ammo, they are not in the dead body.

Great job !

• Tip for anyone having problems with saves, items in chests, and decided to return to the official version to wait for bug fixes:

1- uninstall the game.

2- Erase the original folder.

3- Deactivate the cloud and start the installation.

4- After load the game, no world will appear on the "load game" screen.

5- Create a new map to test whether to load

6- Copy the backup by replacing all files.

7- Check integrity in game properties (STEAM> LOCAL FILES> VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES)
    Steam will warn you about missing 23 files and will download again.

After that process, I was able to play my old saves without any problem. Can do that will work for sure! :thumbsup:

• Some of the clothing items are a bit buggy for example: xmashat, bomberjacket1, tux_coat, vr, sombrero, and I few others I don't remember.
    Red disabled them temporarily so they can be worked further. So basically the clothing command will not find these. but everything else seems to spawn just fine.

• No rush to Red51, yet can't wait for the Player Foundation update to hit the vanilla side of things. There's just so much to do in this update that I can't wait to apply it onto my main world to unlock the mining drill, test out the new 'Custom sound' API, as well as finally have my cotton building deal with crafting clothing, and such. We won't be using the guns much, unless with Breedmaster plugin, until we gain bandits, pirates, and raiders to deal with. It'll just be a protective weapon for when you go scouting. Once things are properly polished it'll give us many more things to do. I could finally also finish off the roadway I was making + prep for underground train tunnels, and such heh.

The new food appearances are awesome, as well as the reworked tools. I'm also going to have to build a monument to the old player model for old times heh. Also, I seem to be happy with the walking and running. I haven't once griped about it. Only the constant choppy lagspikes that Red51 and myself suspect to be related to the sound....

Once everything is fixed and polished it's going to send an actual shockwave through the game that we could last another 5 months 8o

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!