Status Update: Items, Weather and a Survey

• I second this completely. I would want my server to be pve except for small arena areas that challenges can be settled in.

looking at the API i maybe able to code this now, just make a area and when a user moves into it it changes there group to one with pvp enabled, its been some time since i last coded but im looking into this

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Regarding block shapes: every block will be fully resizeable in the new version (like any other construction element). Basically this would cover the new shapes suggested by Lord_Raffles and 13erKrieger ;) Changing the size of a ramp block also affects the slope:

However, of course there are still a few other block shapes missing (e.g. various corner blocks) which will also be added in the new version ^^

• Regarding block shapes: every block will be fully resizeable in the new version (like any other construction element). Basically this would cover the new shapes suggested by Lord_Raffles and 13erKrieger ;) Changing the size of a ramp block also affects the slope:

However, of course there are still a few other block shapes missing (e.g. various corner blocks) which will also be added in the new version ^^

Super!!! Freu mich drauf! <3:D:thumbup:

• I second this completely. I would want my server to be pve except for small arena areas that challenges can be settled in.

im a coding pvp zones to my auto area plugin where admins can make bigger protected zones like normal protection and also turn them into battle zones ive coded lots of it already, so hung in there its coming lol

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

• Just a heads up to those of you like me who are desperate for every tiny bit of news you can get your hands on, you can subscribe to the Trello board to give you pings whenever something is added/changed. :D (Idk if you need an account for this.)

Red just posted some juicy pics of the new Creative mode.

• Just had a look at that radial menu that you are showing off on Trello, that's a great addition to have to the base game, just wondering if this could be user defined so if a plugin can use it as well? i understand that this option is still very early in it's concept but say there is 7/9 sections in that menu and we could drag n drop plugs into it? maybe that's a a hard thing to do and it will be only hard coded just for the base game.

• Will there be a way to change glass size to be in bigger sheets or have curves/angles?

The current size limit for glass panes is actually intended ^^ But you can already change it in the Java version by using the size command (creative mode is required for this).

Unfortunately I can't say much about curved glass panes yet...

Just had a look at that radial menu that you are showing off on Trello, that's a great addition to have to the base game, just wondering if this could be user defined so if a plugin can use it as well?

Yes, it will be possible to create radial menus with custom entries through the API ;)

• The snow looks nice.
    I have also some ideas i want to share (alsready wrote it in the survey):

I wish there would be more Vegation, what plant are planed? I always thougt the forest seems a bit to empty. There could be blackberry bushes, other bushes, dead trees, different and taller trees, birch trees, beech trees, rotten logs, leafs on the ground, dead wood. And for the open areas the gras could have different apperances. Together with seasons and whether there could different types of soil: clayey soil, sandy soil, stony soil, quagmire. Those would store water in differnt. Different vegetation needs different soil and more or less water. Around ponds there could be reeds.
    Another wish I would have would be flowing water. You could build barrages and water mills.
    I think the tech schouldnt be more modern that WWII tech, because that would destroy the immersion of the abandoned, wild nature. That is why water mills would be a good source of energy for better workbenches and the saw, also you would need atleast a lathe to fabricate a chainsaw.

• I wish there would be more Vegation, what plant are planed?

More vegetation is planned, unfortunately I can't say much about that yet ;)

Together with seasons and whether there could different types of soil: clayey soil, sandy soil, stony soil, quagmire

The new version will be capable of handling more ground textures (and we will certainly add some more types of soil). However, it's tricky to make ground materials dependent on seasons :thinking:

Another wish I would have would be flowing water. You could build barrages and water mills.

Flowing water is definitely a priority for us when it comes to the new version. But there will be a limitation: Water will not be blocked by construction elements (i.e. planks or beams). That's unfortunately not possible from a technical point of view...

I think the tech schouldnt be more modern that WWII tech

There are quite some users out there who prefer the modern tech and create modern buildings, so I'm not sure if we should really remove that part from the new version. However, there will be at least options to restrict the game to a certain era ^^

• I just want to tell Red51 that you should do what you want to do. If you want your game to have a fantasy biome, have it. If you want your game to progress from caveman, Medieval, Colonial, WW2, & 1990's & 2020 era technology then do what you feel is right. With how you mentioned Rising World back in 2015 I was under the impression we would work our way from Caveman (in a Medieval era) up to modern era through various crafting benches and such, similar to how Rise of Nations (an RTS game) does it. That's why all the furniture and etc is all jumbled around in funky manners. This is in response to what I'm seeing above in the last quoting about WW2 stuff and such. As for magic elements you should add that in silently through API, or something you can find in a very rare Fantasy biome or realm world. To gain magic you would have to go out of your way to obtain, or just mod it in. I'm thinking along the lines of the smoke effect you added on the side, that's how magic should be treated.

You do you.

For the WW2 tech, if we do have any, I hope we get a decent chunk of early 1900's era ships. Simple cargo river boats, or even a ship which appears like Nomadic, though that may hit copyrights.

I say that, but I do feel the eventual priority should be getting an NPC companion (Humand and/or pet) into RW so they can make the game feel alive while making the player feel less lonely. If people have NPC partners people would provide for them in various ways. Its fine having wandering merchants, those should be in both singleplayer and multiplayer. NPCs shall be important. Their functions especially.

But yeah.... In short, I'm just curious where the Rising World Unity demo is. Not pressuring, just curious. It feels like its been too long though take your time. I've got my own issues to deal with so I can't play on a whim though simply curious.

• With how you mentioned Rising World back in 2015 I was under the impression we would work our way from Caveman (in a Medieval era) up to modern era through various crafting benches and such

Yes, that's still the plan :)

If you want your game to have a fantasy biome, have it

Having some fantasy elements in the game is definitely a good thing I guess. But unfortunately I can't say at this stage whether it will be a certain biome, or if it's going to be implemented differently ^^

I hope we get a decent chunk of early 1900's era ships

That would be great, but we need to get some proper models for these ships. Hiring someone for that (as we did in the past) is unfortunately too expensive in our current situation :|

I say that, but I do feel the eventual priority should be getting an NPC companion (Humand and/or pet) into RW so they can make the game feel alive while making the player feel less lonely

NPCs definitely play a big role. Certainly I can say more about that once we've started implementing NPCs.

In short, I'm just curious where the Rising World Unity demo is. Not pressuring, just curious. It feels like its been too long though take your time

It's unfortunately still not ready || What's missing is vegetation. We've recently implemented grass (we're still optimizing it a bit and we're also working on a realistic wind system [which will apply to grass and vegetation]), but the world is still too bland without trees... but we're still trying to get the demo ready ASAP ;)

If u have boats can u have them the right way around so you are looking forwards when you drive the boat? How are you supposed 2 know where u are going if you're rowing backwards? It makes sense for games as you're looking at the screen so u want to see where u are going

Hmm... I'm not sure about that :thinking: In real world, you'd also sit backwards in a rowboat, because this makes rowing a lot easier and efficient. Apparently there aren't many games out there which have rowboats :huh: But Sea of Thieves have rowboats and in fact you're also sitting backwards in them.

However, it's our intention to implement a canoe in addition to the rowboat (where you'd face the direction you want to travel) ;)

• Yes, that's still the plan

Awesome. Looking forward to that.

Having some fantasy elements in the game is definitely a good thing I guess. But unfortunately I can't say at this stage whether it will be a certain biome, or if it's going to be implemented differently ^^

Shame I can't find that thread or posting anymore from back in 2015 where you showed desire and interest for it. But yeah, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there. If you can't figure things out then I hope at the very least it'll be an API thing.

That would be great, but we need to get some proper models for these ships. Hiring someone for that (as we did in the past) is unfortunately too expensive in our current situation :|

Going to be difficult, eh? Hmm..... If we can help with this in the long-term crowd funding I could probably help chip in if its affordable enough. I really do hope Rising World gets some noteworthy ships when the time comes for them because that shall be one of Rising World's selling points. If you're going to add in oceans similar to current-version Minecraft (bedrock or Java) then boats shall be a key part. No rush or pressure, just...... When things get rolling I do hope we can find a source for them. Hope models from Sketchfab or elsewhere can be easily imported to make use of them in the API, or something.

Maybe install a basic 'Movecraft' system similar to Minecraft. I'm just saying random things... I'll stop and move to the next quote.

NPCs definitely play a big role. Certainly I can say more about that once we've started implementing NPCs.

Shall be eagerly waiting on this one. :monocle:

It's unfortunately still not ready || What's missing is vegetation. We've recently implemented grass (we're still optimizing it a bit and we're also working on a realistic wind system [which will apply to grass and vegetation]), but the world is still too bland without trees... but we're still trying to get the demo ready ASAP ;)

Some news is better than no news, I guess. At least I know where it is now that I can wait a bit longer. I'm also not in a great position life wise so I guess I can tolerate it even better with Rising World Unity demo being in the figurative oven for a bit longer. Other people won't be but you can't rush art.

I'm loving the grass. Reminds me of of various Unity worlds I've visited in VRchat making this highly appealing. Once you get this out I wonder if people shall unconsciously re-create worlds I've seen in VRchat within Rising World... I mean structure wise with gardens, trains, mountains, and such. There are certain similarities and assets. I'm thinking out loud to myself again, sorry. :monocle: I'm basically saying I can't wait to see how Rising World's Unity version shall appear both natural and man-made on the structure side. I'm highly curious.

Thanks Red51 <3

• It's unfortunately still not ready || What's missing is vegetation. We've recently implemented grass (we're still optimizing it a bit and we're also working on a realistic wind system [which will apply to grass and vegetation]), but the world is still too bland without trees... but we're still trying to get the demo ready ASAP

Hol up... So the only thing that needs to be done now (besides minor tweaks) is vegetation? This should mean we are somewhat close, right? :D
    I'm super excited. The screenshots on Trello look amazing!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!