First playable version now available!

• So does this preview only work on Windows? I'm on a Mac with Catalina installed. It's fine, I have Windows 10 on my bootcamped side, but I just wasn't clear if there was a Mac demo?

Yes, as yahwho mentioned, the demo is also available on Mac and Linux ;) There is apparently some trouble on High Sierra (10.13) - we're still working on a fix for that. But we've tested the new version on Catalina and Mojave and didn't experience any issues.

• Ok so here is a copy of the error I get when trying to run the game on my singleplayer offline PC (after copying the downloaded game from my laptop).

Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit (Desktop) Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 6 Cores, 3696 MHz

MS-7C09 (Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.) 16326 MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER, 5991 MB VRAM, 2020-07-05, 27.21.14.516

Commit: decd9931dbd268cdf31e0298e513bcc82f8d5b01

Branch: master JobID: 2248

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

InitializationException - Missing credentials

Not sure whats going on as I have the correct serial and it works on my laptop.

Thanks.

• THANKS! I downloaded and played on the Mac side (Catalina 10.15.7) and it did play fine. Very cool. The world looks much more realistic. Very curious to see how we'd use the various "talking devices". Don't want to spoil it! Ha.

So I guess I'll download on the bootcamped Win side and see how that goes too. I expect I will get slightly better performance on my native OS side if possible to play that way in future. Also curious about the paint!

• I'm guessing copying files even with a valid serial won't work. It's not the normal way to install - no registry entries, and it would be far too easy to pirate a game if you could do what you're attempting.

• I'm guessing copying files even with a valid serial won't work. It's not the normal way to install - no registry entries, and it would be far too easy to pirate a game if you could do what you're attempting.

I've already asked about this as the Java version worked that way, its basically DRM FREE which many games are, so my understanding is that this should work according to red51, but don't know if its changed since then, hoping not! :)

• This new version is amazing Red got me curious how you built all those stuff n things ;) So I set out on a grand adventure to explore around and even found bricks with a dummy in the closet? Was funny and great took some time now it's time to ponder and think, what console commands work?:):D And which ones don't? For on this Merry Christmas Eve I'll try them all just to build in this world till the new version is out, we're in for some fun. Let's break this game ^^<3 Merry Christmas to All, and to all a Rising Star red51

• Ok so here is a copy of the error I get when trying to run the game on my singleplayer offline PC (after copying the downloaded game from my laptop).

Make sure to run the game at least once with an active internet connection. Once the game successfully started, you can run it the next times in offline mode ;)

I see we can not fly through the land and other things any more. That will add better security and allow us o enable flight easer. Wondering if plugins work yet? Like area protection and portals and such.

Currently the collision during fly mode is optional - the noclip behaviour like in the Java version can be enabled by setting Game_NoClipping to true in the config.properties file ;) But maybe it makes sense to move this setting to the permissions, so admins can disable this behaviour :thinking:

• Hello. I encountered this error:

"

Windows 7 64bit (Desktop) Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4170 CPU @ 3.70GHz, 4 Cores, 3691 MHz

8108 MB RAM

Commit: decd9931dbd268cdf31e0298e513bcc82f8d5b01

Branch: master JobID: 2248

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DllNotFoundException - Unable to load DLL 'native': The specified module could not be found.

at RisingWorld.Native.NativeManager.Initialize () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at RisingWorld.Content.Game.InitDefaultSettings () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at RisingWorld.Content.Game.OnInitialize () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at UnityEngine.RemoteSettings+UpdatedEventHandler.Invoke () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at RisingWorld.Common.JIWApplication.Update () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

"

I am more than sorry if this has ben answered before, I looked into the thread, could not find any other mention of it.

EDIT:

With the Java version I'm also getting an error, unlike the Unity version, the game starts and then the loading screen (JEW GAMES logo with a Christmas hat) appears but it flickers and after a few seconds the game crashes, here's it is: (maybe because the screen is flickering it's an issue with my graphics card, I'll try replacing it with a different one to see if it works, but from the log it looks like it's a problem with FMod)

"

Not initializedpool-2-thread-1

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\[CENSORED]\Rising World\JavaFMod64.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.System.load(Unknown Source)

at de.jiw.fmod.core.utils.NativeLoader.loadNative(NativeLoader.java:88)

at de.jiw.fmod.core.utils.NativeLoader.load(NativeLoader.java:32)

at de.jiw.fmod.wrapper.JavaFMod.init(JavaFMod.java:23)

at content.audio.c.<init>(SourceFile:95)

at content.Game.initSoundState(SourceFile:3223)

at w.h.b(SourceFile:87)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

"

Edited 3 times, last by MCL ().

• Currently the collision during fly mode is optional - the noclip behaviour like in the Java version can be enabled by setting Game_NoClipping to true in the config.properties file ;) But maybe it makes sense to move this setting to the permissions, so admins can disable this behaviour :thinking:

I think it would be great to have it in permissions for the fact of being able to allow flying for normal players, with them not being able to pass through things, yet still have the noclipping set for admin so they can still do there job.

• I like the LOD options, now i can play without worrying about low poly objects, Thank you. I can't wait to reconstruct my hometown.

• Hello. I encountered this error:

The Java error indicates that VCRedist is not installed. The Java version requires VRRedist 2013: https://www.microsoft.com/en-U…oad/details.aspx?id=40784

The Unity error could either be caused by corrupted game files (run the game again through the launcher and see if the issue persists) or if a newer version of VCRedist isn't installed (either 2015, 2017 or 2019). You can download a combined VCRedist 2015-2019 here: https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/VC_redist.x64.exe

If it is already installed on your machine, it's important to select "Repair".

how are our old blueprints going to still be usable if there is no pnb and we are just resizing the blocks to do the job?

Planks can still be represented by blocks. Basically a plank in the Java version is nothing but a thin block ;)

• Not to sure how feasible or even if we could resize blocks with the use of a mouse? at the moment we resize planks n beams using a combiation of arrow keys with CTRL / Shift ect ect, how possible would it be to have highlighted points (say on each corner) that we can click and drag with the mouse to the size that we need and rotate instead of using the keyboard?

• Not to sure how feasible or even if we could resize blocks with the use of a mouse? at the moment we resize planks n beams using a combiation of arrow keys with CTRL / Shift ect ect, how possible would it be to have highlighted points (say on each corner) that we can click and drag with the mouse to the size that we need and rotate instead of using the keyboard?

I have always loved the idea of a transform widget like you might get in a game engine or The Sims. Default is the x,y,z handles for placement, but then ctrl turns it into a rotate widget and shift gives you the scale handles. Something like that would be absolutely amazing for doing small random rotations rather than having to keep going into the console and setting the rotation amount from 1 degree to 5 or 15 and back. Could even have it so as there's a snap toggle, which responds to the "setr" command if you want precise rotation or switched off to be totally free rotation.

This is definitely something we're thinking about :) However, this would only work if manual placement is enabled (i.e. the element is "locked" by pressing CTRL) - otherwise the element follows the mouse cursor automatically...

How can i put the rifle on the wall ? Does anyone knows ?

Unfortunately you cannot place items (like tools or weapons) in the world yet.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!