• Personnaly , i thnink you need to add gun . BUT not modern gun , if you can add gun off the past , it could be cool ! Add arrows, bow and old guns !

• Personnaly , i thnink you need to add gun . BUT not modern gun , if you can add gun off the past , it could be cool ! Add arrows, bow and old guns !

Red has stated that he plans to add a musket and an old pistol. Along with bows and crossbows... ;)

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• Red has stated that he plans to add a musket and an old pistol. Along with bows and crossbows... ;)

I'm curious if there'll be variety in crossbows and such. Different bows & arrows done for cosmetic nature. If for blocks be interesting to have fancy designs and such. From Native American, European variants, to African, Russian, Asian, and all that. Would be interesting seeing fur-covered ones, decorational, and such. Maybe that's now asking too much. Only saying that because it's fun with the variety we're now seeing to also try mounting it up on the wall in some form of pride :thumbup:

I haven't been able to do such really in real life so I'd love to be a bit proud of such in game.

• Quote from Killem

Machine guns, rocket launchers, atomic or even nuclear bombs, name it ,send it, as long as we have the right to not accept them if we want
    on our "No PvP" server i am all for them.... Can't be rascist & must please every kind of players out there if Devs want to maximise
    their incomes & profits!

Couldn't have said it better.

It makes absolutely no sense to have electric lights, televisions, power plants, substations, etc. while specifically omitting period-specific firearms.

Simple repeating arms like pump-action/break-action shotguns, bolt-action rifles, and cartridge-operated revolvers would be a fair compromise with the option for server ops to disable them at will. Think Wild-West themed guns, or things based off of John M. Browning models from the late 1800s/early 1900s, etc.

As far as balance is concerned, the manufacture of gunpowder would require the mining of Saltpeter and Sulfur, both of which could be restricted easily enough through spawn rates, etc. to allow firearms to keep a realistic level of power:

If it takes a statistical average of 10 minutes to gather and refine the resources for 1 shotgun cartridge, I think that lethality in 4 shots would be fair, assuming half of the pellets hit, or 2-3 shots at point blank. Powerful, but very expensive.

Not to mention the intricacy of the firearms themselves playing a factor in their balance... In reality, the intricacy and complexity of the parts inside of even a model 1897 shotgun are such that it is effectively a mechanical computer. Thus, very high-end tools could be made necessary to fabricate anything beyond a muzzle-loading musket.

Keep in mind, I'm not asking for fully automatic machine guns or rocket-propelled grenades and air-strikes... Just good old cowboy weapons.

If this is not agreeable, then it would be nice to at least have some support for modders to implement their own weapons in the game independently.

• If this is not agreeable, then it would be nice to at least have some support for modders to implement their own weapons in the game independently.

I think for sure you will see this, at some point.

But you do have a point, why be able to make a computer, but not a rifle? So again I say, please devs allow each item to be config'd on or off. Because I think even those who want guns, don't want this game to just be a DM or KOS game. Although it would be fun to have a server dedicated to, yes I will say it.. some kind of hunger games server would be great in RW. I don't want vanilla RW to be that... bring the flak!! lol

• I think for sure you will see this, at some point.

This ^

The more modern and dangerous firearms should be left for modding when that gets released so people could then add whatever they wanted. "Racist" isn't even a word one should use when it comes to holding back on guns as it's more for the thing happening in USA with dark skinned people vs police brutality. Not to be used for holding back on guns. That's a bit awkward there.

I'm happy with hearing about muskets and revolvers. Bows & arrows for a more traditional side of things. Rocket launchers, tanks and shotguns? That can be nudged into modding so the devs can work on what needs to be worked on instead, though point noted in resources it could take to make weaponry. If we had Godzilla type monsters then I can see having more serious firepower added. Not even sure what we're even fighting so muskets might be overkill.

Talking about expanding the gun variety is making me think now treat this game as Battlefield, CounterStrike:Source, and Call Of Duty. That's a strange vibe. Mods.

The more modern and dangerous firearms should be left for modding when that gets released so people could then add whatever they wanted.

Agreed.
    Personally, I'd never add that mod. RW isn't COD.

• Again, not asking for automatic weapons and hand grenades.

Just classic repeaters like lever/bolt-action rifles, break-action/pump shotguns, etc. See Mosin Nagant 91/30, Henry rifle, Coach guns, or 1897. For those with absolutely no experience with firearms at all, this means beautiful, shiny, aim-carefully guns with wood - not scary, black, shoot-fast ones with plastic.

When I think RW, I think diesel generators, computers, electrical transforming stations, fluid power, Boolean logic and automation, electric motors, etc. The above weapons are simply much more relevant and less out-of-place in such a world than smooth-bore muskets and Griswold&Gunnison revolvers.

There is no COD-syndrome involved at all.

Again, those who want to build castles out of stone and throw rocks at each other can disable the modern tech, those who want to build factories, power plants, and deep underground cities can leave it in.

Again, not asking for automatic weapons and hand grenades. Just classic repeaters like lever/bolt-action rifles, break-action/pump shotguns, etc.

But the problem is drawing the line. Your post is a perfect example- some people won't be satisfied with having just "muskets and revolvers'. They want something more deadly and effective. If "bolt-action" rifles are added, those won't be good enough- people will want semi-auto rifles, then sniper rifles, then AK-47s, etc. If we get those then they'll be demanding motars, tanks, lasers, nukes... where will it end? Escalation can be a big problem. This goes for bow and arrows too. That can easily escalate to demands for crossbows, maces, battering rams, trebuchets, catapults, ballista's, etc.
    I hope Red puts his foot down and says "Muskets and revolvers. That's it! Nothing else!".
    People want something more effective to kill their fellow player with or destroy his structures? That what mods are for.
    But please, I prefer you leave the basic game alone.

• Right on track with ya Geneo, most people on here are here to play creative mode, build a house, have a tiny piece of land..
    Witch will eventually change anyhow since "Devs" mentionned that nothing will be free on the game.... Sure hope this game
    don't end up a Pay to play game and have the same effect as other games witch you need to pay for a place to build
    your house and there is nowhere to built in fact...
    Fail...

• Witch will eventually change anyhow since "Devs" mentionned that nothing will be free on the game

Where did you see that?

And yeah, if this becomes anything other than what it is now... buy the game and play it from then on... then I'm outa here.

About guns, well they can add whatever. Just provide options for server admins to customize down to each item. And for SP, when choosing options for world generation, same thing.. give options for what weapons are included in that world. Done, everyone happy. Just a list with check boxes next to each weapon etc.. Does that not work for guys who don't want crazy weapons? I am with you on it actually.. but I may want something more at times in RW.

• Where did you see that?

And yeah, if this becomes anything other than what it is now... buy the game and play it from then on... then I'm outa here.

About guns, well they can add whatever. Just provide options for server admins to customize down to each item. And for SP, when choosing options for world generation, same thing.. give options for what weapons are included in that world. Done, everyone happy. Just a list with check boxes next to each weapon etc.. Does that not work for guys who don't want crazy weapons? I am with you on it actually.. but I may want something more at times in RW.

Absolutely agree

• Right on track with ya Geneo, most people on here are here to play creative mode, build a house, have a tiny piece of land..
    Witch will eventually change anyhow since "Devs" mentionned that nothing will be free on the game.... Sure hope this game
    don't end up a Pay to play game and have the same effect as other games witch you need to pay for a place to build
    your house and there is nowhere to built in fact...
    Fail...

I believe that when they said "nothing will be free", what they meant was that things like the iron stuff we can currently make without mining ores beforehand are what is not going to be free, and that will be once those ores have been implemented in the game. Nowhere have I seen any suggestion that we may actually have to pay real money to take part in the game.

• I believe that when they said "nothing will be free", what they meant was that things like the iron stuff we can currently make without mining ores beforehand are what is not going to be free, and that will be once those ores have been implemented in the game. Nowhere have I seen any suggestion that we may actually have to pay real money to take part in the game.

I think you're right. I haven't seen anything like that either. I mean if they do, they'll seriously be shooting themselves in the foot. Simple as that. Anyways...

• I think you're right. I haven't seen anything like that either. I mean if they do, they'll seriously be shooting themselves in the foot. Simple as that. Anyways...

Ya, the "nothing shall be free" is only recipe wise. If they do start adding paid DLC stuff then ya, shooting themselves in the food there and I can't see Rising World doing a DLC on gun packs, unless you do it the way Flight Simulators game sells off their mods. People try modeling then selling their planes and scenery packs. I don't mind scenery stuff being paid, but planes? I find that annoying. Now think of seeing that done for Rising World with gun packs you have to purchase, even from modding side. Don't do that! Not unless you're selling an insanely detailed mod-pack that parallels the game almost as equally.

• It's gonna turn into a death-match game anyway. There will always be those idiots that are only interested in killing other players (PVP), not actually playing Rising World. No matter how hard you make guns to obtain, some idiot's will make it their Goal In Life to get one so they can go kill somebody. I've already expressed my views on "guns" in another thread, so I won't repeat them. RW is not a FPS- there's plenty of those out there already.

Here's my suggestion: add simple guns if you must (resist any requests for escalation!), but: 1) make them very hard to obtain, and 2) other players are immune from getting killed by a gun (in other words, hunting animals with a gun is fine... but no hunting other players).

@Geneo You can't kill another player on a PVE server. On PVP servers well isn't it meant to be a challenge? There are a lot of people that get tired of playing pve or pvp and thus they change it up some. so why not let it be a fun death match in PvP? The arms I think is a great idea. and I fully agree with @red51 against guns like machine guns or especially sniper rifles.
    The developments have been stunning and i'm floored on how everything is coming together nicely.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!