Update 0.6.5: Plugin API (EN)

• A small hotfix is available now btw! It fixes a bug with the creative mode F8 tool and also fixes the animal footsteps (which were too loud) :saint: This update is optional for multiplayer servers.

Hotfix (2023-04-13):

• [Change] Removed unnecessary (but harmless) API error message when starting a server
    • [Bugfix] Fixed crash when using the creative-mode F8 tools
    • [Bugfix] Fixed "edit texture" command not working correctly
    • [Bugfix] Fixed animal footstep sounds being too loud

Thanks for fixing the loud animal footsteps. :D

Modded Rising World 2024

Now running : 100 Player Game Server With My New Modded Rising World

• Thanks for the update red51 !

[New] Added new music tracks

Been playing for the past hour, and we are only hearing the standard music tracks we all know and love in the shuffle.

It's not playing any of the new tracks we are anxious to hear lol. Also can we get some music control as well? (play, skip etc)

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• When the posters and gifs? :(

Posters will be part of the next update ;)

So, I have a suggestion for the API: access to the camera GameObject, this will allow to attach an object to player and object movement will be smooth, or the object will have fixed position related to the camera - it will be very useful for custom skyboxes or other similar effects

Maybe we could add an optional attach target to the "player.addGameObject()" method (similar to how it works for UI elements), so API objects could be attached to certain elements in the world (e.g. the player body or camera) :)

Until that's implemented, you could try to use moveToLocalPosition() (which moves the element smoothly). It's still far from perfect, but it may be sufficient in certain cases (e.g. when moving lights)^^

Been playing for the past hour, and we are only hearing the standard music tracks we all know and love in the shuffle.

It's not playing any of the new tracks we are anxious to hear lol. Also can we get some music control as well? (play, skip etc)

Hmm... it looks like there are several music tracks which never play right now (more than 10 tracks) 8| Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I'll take a closer look at this issue :)

• The standalone download should work now, but I'm glad to hear you already managed to fix the issue ^^

Does than mean you want to get notified if the player is digging, or do you want to modify the terrain through the API? If you want to get an event, the PlayerDestroyTerrainEvent is probably what you're looking for :)

However, modifying the world through the API isn't possible yet, unfortunately that didn't make it into this update... but the World class will get some methods for that with one of the next updates ;)

Sorry for late response. I meant it as in: Can i make a cube(or cow) dig holes in the ground, like players do? and what should I use for that?
    I am asking to if its possible to make a plugin for a sandworm.

• I meant it as in: Can i make a cube(or cow) dig holes in the ground, like players do? and what should I use for that?
    I am asking to if its possible to make a plugin for a sandworm.

Oh, I see ^^ In this case, the last paragraph of my last post is basically relevant :) So unfortunately this part isn't implemented yet, but it's on our to-do list - we'll try to get that ready ASAP!

• My wife and I are just happy to be trying out the new unity version. One thing is we can't find where clothes are listed to make them, or where to change my wife's character to a woman... We do agree the unity version is way better looking than the other and it gloriously beautiful!

• Until that's implemented, you could try to use moveToLocalPosition() (which moves the element smoothly). It's still far from perfect, but it may be sufficient in certain cases (e.g. when moving lights)^^

That works, thank you, but since it is hard to calculate speed for interpolation that looks like player is under attack of ball lightning :)

If speed is too large all movements will be very "sharp", if too slow the light will require some time to reach the player. This can actually be a good way to create some flying companions that follow the player. I think I will try to calculate required speed based on previous point

• One thing is we can't find where clothes are listed to make them, or where to change my wife's character to a woman... We do agree the unity version is way better looking than the other and it gloriously beautiful!

Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad to hear you like the new version so far! :)

Unfortunately there are no clothes in the new version yet (and no female character), but it's on our to-do list, we'll try to get that ready with one of the next updates ;)

If speed is too large all movements will be very "sharp", if too slow the light will require some time to reach the player. This can actually be a good way to create some flying companions that follow the player. I think I will try to calculate required speed based on previous point

Yeah, it's indeed a bit tricky to get this properly working... calculation the speed based on the distance may help, but probably it will be difficult to achieve a really smooth movement (because the player position is only updated every ~100 ms)...

We'll try to get the attach target for game objects ready with one of the next hotfixes, that should definitely improve the situation :)

• A new hotfix is now available (0.6.5.1) which fixes some issues and introduces many changes to the Plugin API. Multiplayer servers also need to be updated ;)

Hotfix 0.6.5.1 (2023-04-23):

• [Change] Changing a texture via creative mode F8 tool no longer overrides existing colors (unless the player selects a new color)
    • [Change] Added pivots to trapdoor
    • [Change] Fixed animals sometimes getting stuck in the ground or in walls
    • [Change] Reduced idle sound frequency of animals
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue preventing vehicles from being painted
    • [Bugfix] Fixed illegal state kick in multiplayer if object gravity was disabled
    • [Bugfix] Fixed sudden connection loss in Steam P2P sessions ("Play with friends")
    • [Bugfix] Fixed broken lettuce texture
  • Does this mean that we can use MySQL in the future for RW database instead of SQLite?

No, it's only for the API (the getMySQLConnection() method). For the game we have no plans to add MySQL support atm unfortunately... the game wouldn't really benefit from it in terms of performance (the SQLite implementation in the new version is a lot faster than the old one in the Java version) ^^

If you need to access the game database from a plugin, you could use the WorldDatabase for that (but IIRC it's not fully implemented yet... but we could prioritize that for the next update) ;)

• introduces many changes to the Plugin API

Is it possible to send player changes made with WorldEditBatch or with World.setTerrainData? Looks like changes are applied on server side, but not on client side, and in singleplayer they are not stored

Edit: it works, just with another calculations. I'm not sure why all calculations require chunk position and manually calculated chunk position doesn't work. Is it possible to have method that accepts only block positions and calculate chunk positions automatically?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!