Improved Deleting Tool

• Hi red51

not for the first time my clumsy fingers have messed up a building by accidentally clicking in the wrong moment. Instead of just 1 line of blocks i suddenly have a huge horizontal or vertical wall. But since it is in the middle of my building i can´t use the deleting tool as it is. I have to chop away everything manually - even though im playing in creative mode :angry::dizzy:

My suggestion and request is:

1. either apply the "undo" command (or a similar version of it specifically for undoing a building command, i.e. undobuild)

2. or let us use the deleting tool (area) only for a specific block id. we can already delete only blocks, only objects or only vegetation, why not only block id xyz?

Aside that i have to restart the game each time i used any type of area tool. If i use it a 2nd time the same area i marked the first time is still marked and i have to manually move it from its position. That is quite annoying. Similar its for the block-rotation. I have just once tried the function to set a checkbox for allowing the game to keep the rotation on a block. I didn´t like it and undid the check. But the game is still applying the function. Even after meanwhile multiple restarts. Very annoying :(

• Aside that i have to restart the game each time i used any type of area tool. If i use it a 2nd time the same area i marked the first time is still marked and i have to manually move it from its position. That is quite annoying.

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly but there are two ways to get rid of the markings. You can either switch to F4 and back to F7 (or what ever) then the area shouldn't be marked anymore. Or you press backspace which is the easiest way.

• The fixed mark is good when youhave to set or delete buildings or terrain from your last position and you spare to do the last step again and again.

Normally F4 works to remove the mark.

I have always complained that rhe game doesn't reset the rotation to a fixed value.via key command or over.

A distinction between undo blueprint or undo building would be very appreciated.

• I'm not sure if I understood you correctly but there are two ways to get rid of the markings. You can either switch to F4 and back to F7 (or what ever) then the area shouldn't be marked anymore. Or you press backspace which is the easiest way.

I know how it works, or how it should work. But for me it does not reset unfortunately. A bug I guess

There is an "undo" command that deletes the last constructions or deleted constructions if desired. To uncheck, use the backspace key.

I know. But i suggested a command that undoes the last set element.

• A bug I guess

And if you're in the Config SPRisingWorld\_New Version\config.properties or MPRisingWorldDedicatedServer\server.properties the Undo values increase?
    The Undo is in Time and Quantity limited, and after a relogin also set back, as far as I know.

• And if you're in the Config SPRisingWorld\_New Version\config.properties or MPRisingWorldDedicatedServer\server.properties the Undo values increase?
    The Undo is in Time and Quantity limited, and after a relogin also set back, as far as I know.

Hm - i guess i didn´t describe my issue very well. I don´t have a problem with the Undo-command. not at all.

My problem is:

whenever i use any area tool (regardless if delete-tool or area-select) and execute any action (delete or alter the area) the function works fine. But the marked area remains. I need to manually move the frame of the area to another place, or log out and back in in order to delete / alter another area.

My suggestion is:

add an undo-command with which you can undo any block or object that you have placed. current undo can only undo destruction, but not building action. I sometimes draw a line with blocks but then miss-aim or miss-click and suddenly i have a huge wall right inside my building. Obviously if i use the area-tool to delete that i would also delete the building i built on purpose, not just the wall i built accidentally.

I also suggest to add the possibility to delete only specific objects or block id witin the marked area

• Backspace then. I'll try it. Thanks

This is something i don't even think about because you can just hold down shift and click the mouse button and again the mouse button without holding down shift to reselect a new area, i agree the undo option should undo placing stuff also, this makes total sense.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Avanar I often have the misclick. Not really misclicked, but when I pull a quadrat while holding the mouse, I often have three rows on top of the other or more and not a comfortable way to remove it or an undo-command.

yes, exactly that is what i mean. Though you can reduce the risk by using the setting that allows a max of 2 directions to draw (i.e. you can draw only left + up, not in 3 directions). But still having to remove a wall where none should be is extremely annoying and tedious

• This is something i don't even think about because you can just hold down shift and click the mouse button and again the mouse button without holding down shift to reselect a new area, i agree the undo option should undo placing stuff also, this makes total sense.

i will try that as well. i wasn´t really aware of this function. iirc at some earlier point or maybe even in java the area resettet everytime i was done with the area tool and selected another one.

• i will try that as well. i wasn´t really aware of this function. iirc at some earlier point or maybe even in java the area resettet everytime i was done with the area tool and selected another one.

Unity version has changed you can move the selected area around and it stays visible now all the time, so just click on another area and use combo mouse button and shift to select the new area. 👍

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Unity version has changed you can move the selected area around and it stays visible now all the time, so just click on another area and use combo mouse button and shift to select the new area. 👍

yeeeeesss... i do know that :) just that i could reset the area was new to me

now back to the other topics:

1. suggestion to introduce an undo-tool for placed building elements and objects

2. suggestion to be able to delete only specific block ID in the selected area

Thanks everyone for the answers. This community is great :)

• 1. suggestion to introduce an undo-tool for placed building elements and objects

There are actually a few additions for the undo tool on our to-do list, including covering of element placement and also an "undo history" (where you can individually select which undo action you want to perform). Unfortunately I have no ETA for that yet :/

2. suggestion to be able to delete only specific block ID in the selected area

This would be indeed useful, I'll try to get that ready with the next update :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!