Where is the update?

• As a total newcomer to this game - start of this weekend - I have to say I'm pretty stoked to hear that there's an update planned soon! I can see some have been waiting eagerly for a while for this.

What would be great is if the water system is improved. I'm having real problems trying to make a castle moat. The water ends up in big blocks and completely uneven (I've resorted to removing it for now). Seems fine for making small ponds, but if you want anything bigger it just seems too problematic.

Yeah in survival mod the water is plain and simple shitty to use. But if you use the landscaping tool for water it is really nice and easy to use the water once you get a hang of how the tools work

• Yeah, water in survival is the worst part that Red51 is looking into (or shall look into) making it more "user friendly" so it doesn't act like a floating broken blanket. I suggested time and again that static water should be able to be placed, yet reach far down until it hits a solid object. It should fill in a void while not being dynamic, just more.....adaptive, for a lack of a better wording.

Water needs an insane amount of tuning that I'm hoping it'll be looked at after this major update, if Red51 releases it as he plans it to. I wished him the best, yet may have slipped of tongued pushing him into releasing it. It's hard being neutral when you want to play Rising World with new assets. He's cutting it highly close that it's now the 26th. 8|

• Yes I can imagine it is pretty frustrating waiting for new content - especially since it's been announced.

With experience in writing Java code myself and with (limited) experience with OpenGL I can only imagine the uphill struggle to write all this code is with a small team. Makes my simple graphical programs look like childs play.

The update should probably not have been announced until it was ready. But then again this is the world of indy developers without the crux of shareholders and boards who have no concept of the actual work itself. Which itself is quite refreshing.

• Yeah, that's why Red51 didn't want to announce dates that it's "ready when it's ready". We had an unconfirmed loose window for September, yet that flew by. Red51 is insistent that it's November so I took him on up on that when he mentioned it twice; Once about the update delays, and again when replying to someone that said "rip". It's being delayed because of animations still, I bet. I wonder what exactly is holding it up that it's cutting it paper cut thin close to the end of November.

Someone baited me asking why I support a "shitty game company".... It's because it's not crap, and because Rising World is where games should be aiming at, and higher. It's all the features that's in the game currently, plus what's coming in the future. It's also because Red51 knows what he's doing that we see quality in the update. :D

• Wasn't too sure what was going on so I decided to swing by. Thank you @red51 for clearing that up. A lot of us are waiting for the update and I'm still not sure how this will affect current worlds. Well aware that this isn't an update that adds rivers, creeks and the like because when that happens I'll delete my world and begin anew. It's good to hear you're working with external developers which means a lot to this gaming community. The more hands on deck the easier it is on you. Keep up the amazing work!

Happy Holidays to everyone here, and may the new year bring more smiles ;)

• wow, cant wait :thumbsup:

Having fun on Wilds Real world, come see our comunity build with christmas and North Pole theme.
    Well loved making those xmas things, like the tree and stands, now trying something new
    much more ideas

• Looking back at the previous updates, Red did always postpone updates on update day. So I am awaiting new update 01.12 in the evening (CET) ... somebody mentioned water... water needs improvement in distribution, I saw big lakes just in seeds I collected here or in steam forum, my seeds produced just sea coast and small ponds... what an unluck.... flowing water... well I doubt we`ll ever see flowing water in RW. Without flowing water I can live, but what we really need is the reason why we make houses, castles, shelters, caves, etc... to be protected from enemies which should be able to attack us and buildings and eventually destroy our builds if not defended in survival... just my two cents...

• What would be great is if the water system is improved. I'm having real problems trying to make a castle moat. The water ends up in big blocks and completely uneven (I've resorted to removing it for now). Seems fine for making small ponds, but if you want anything bigger it just seems too problematic.

If you use the creative tools, you can hit enter to place the water at a even level. {pg up & down adjust the height) :thumbsup:

"If all the world was apple pie, And all the sea were ink. And all the trees were bread and cheese, What would we have to drink?" ?(

• Technically, yes, though I guess someone else from the team could have actually written it. They're right there in a blue banner announcement at the top of the page. Unless you closed it, I guess. In which case... well.. you can trust us! That's what it says exactly. It looks something like this:

Quote from Blue Banner At The Top of The Page

:!: The player models update will be finally available on Thursday, 30th of November 2017, around the evening

except the :!: is blue instead of yellow and white instead of black. And kind of bigger.

If I respond in German, sorry for bad grammar. I don't speak German, but I do speak Google Translate. The community seems too nice to stay away!

----

Wenn ich auf Deutsch antworte, entschuldige ich für jede schlechte Grammatik. Ich spreche kein Deutsch, aber ich spreche Google Translate. Die Gemeinde scheint zu schön, nicht zu bleiben!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!