Changelog 2017-11-30: New playermodels, new items and more!

• if it works anything like the setinventory command, then you have to first put the clothing you want on, then type the command, "setclothing" with no extra parameters. this will set whatever you are currently wearing as the default. setinventory works the sameby setting whatever is in your inventory as default.

this is exactly how it works

• Crossbow, we can hear it throughout the server

That's true =O Thanks for letting me know, that will be fixed with the next update ;)

Yes, I had that set to true. With it false the text displays properly. However with it set to false, the needle flickers a bit as well as overlapping planks-beams in the world.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll fix that soon!

It worked and I now have an error log over a megabyte in size. I can wack it on pastebin if you like, but as I say it won't be an issue for 99% of people.

Wow, over a mb in size is quite big for an errorlog oO Is it really just an "errorlog" or "hs_err_pid" file, or is it a regular log (which just has a timestamp in its name)? However, in case of doubt, you can upload it or post it on pastebin, maybe it provides some information about what went wrong exactly ;)

• Wow, over a mb in size is quite big for an errorlog oO Is it really just an "errorlog" or "hs_err_pid" file, or is it a regular log (which just has a timestamp in its name)? However, in case of doubt, you can upload it or post it on pastebin, maybe it provides some information about what went wrong exactly ;)

It is indeed an hs_err_pid :)

Just realised I can add reasonable sized attachments here, so I'll do that. Cheers.

• I have been noticing that I have to relog after setting a blueprint, doing terraforming activities or anything large. I don't mean after all the work, I am saying many time during the project. Like every 5 min. The game just stops responding. I tell it to set a block or place a beam and it doesn't happen, for example, until I relog and then it clears for a few min and happens again. This is not happening to just me. I have noticed many people complaining about having to excessively relog to fix java errors. More then it us to be. It is not just 1 particular activity either, it happens during just about any activity I have noticed. This has been happening since the .9 update. We us to have a few java errors before but it seems like it has tripled sence the new stuff has been added.

I am clearing my log files to get a fresher look at this

this is a good example. I teleport or walk through 2 or more portals and everything looks ok but then I go to set a blueprint and it won't set till I relog. This is just 1 incident of how the game just almost stops responding. you can still move around but nothing works. This is just 1 instance I know I can make it happen but it happens under other conditions too

I will get you a new error log once 1 is generated.

it is not generating any error logs but it also happens after setting a couple blueprints and then try to set pnb materials. PNB won't set and you have to relog before anything works again.

• Thought it was gm 0 -> suvrival and gm 1 -> creative, was this changed?

• I have noticed many people complaining about having to excessively relog to fix java errors

Unless the blueprints contain *lots* of construction elements (tens or hundreds of thousands), this indicates that there is an issue with the server. In this case a log file would be helpful. You can find the server logs in the "Logs" subfolder in your server directory, please grab the latest one (from a session when the issues you mentioned occurred) and upload it here (please create a separate topic about that) :)

it is not generating any error logs

An error log only gets created when the server crashes (or more precisely, when an error occurred which forced the server to shutdown).

PNB won't set and you have to relog before anything works again.

If you're referring to the pnb plugin: it's unfortunately no longer compatible with the latest version of the game, since the internal item id's changed with this update, but the plugin uses hard-coded id's (so they're now referencing wrong or invalid items) :(

• I do not want to sound exaggerated, but PnB has become mandatory in Rising World, it's already part of the game for all players, and it would be nice if someone made it compatible.
    I can not even imagine Rising World without PnB.
    Is there any timeframe for us to have a PnB "official native version"?

• The PNB I was referring to is the stuff we spawn from the console rt now.

the log files you requested are here. There were only 2 of them so I included both. This server was migrated from another machine rt before the majore update to RW.
    1514054923.log
    1514113228.log
    These files are marked the 23rd and 24th of December respectfully and are from the server not my client. Rosalia runs off a rented GTX server.

here is the freshest log file from today. I have been experianceing lag today but I attribute this to my isp. I have been experianceing the same unresponciveness off and on all day and have to relog to get things to work again.

1514137485.log

I don't know what happened this time but the server just kicked me out for no apparent reason. I decided to check the logs and it looked a bit strainge so here it is

1514199626.log

All I did was teleport to a claim and look around for a short time and it just booted me.

sharkbitefischer wrote:
    PNB won't set and you have to relog before anything works again.

[/quote]If you're referring to the pnb plugin: it's unfortunately no longer compatible with the latest version of the game, since the internal item id's changed with this update, but the plugin uses hard-coded id's (so they're now referencing wrong or invalid items)

• Didn't see anybody else mention this before Avanar, yet shall mention it here that you guys should boot up the game to listen to the menu music before you play. I love that Christmas remix of the menu music. It's beautiful <3<3

I wish we could have the in game music on records, or something, so we can play it at will. I want to listen to that track that sounds like Skyrim ambient music in its isolated form. Funnily enough, that 'Skyrim-ish' track fits Rising World nicely, yet that's not why I'm posting. That Christmas menu music <3

Merry Christmas! :D

• The in game texture selection menu for the F6 block placer isn't working at all since the update.

Artisan's Realm - Active Projects: Project leader for Artisans's Realm Academy group build for live in game school classes on advanced PnB construction methods :thumbsup: , modern pyramid house, fully detailed modern workshop, my own house at Jingle Bell Jam, Roman coliseum half scale, the human manikin parts factory :thumbup:

Completed Projects: Decorative Wire Topped Domes at Jingle Bell Jam xmas group build, sorry no blueprinting permitted :D

• No, not a full one, ill do that thanks

Artisan's Realm - Active Projects: Project leader for Artisans's Realm Academy group build for live in game school classes on advanced PnB construction methods :thumbsup: , modern pyramid house, fully detailed modern workshop, my own house at Jingle Bell Jam, Roman coliseum half scale, the human manikin parts factory :thumbup:

Completed Projects: Decorative Wire Topped Domes at Jingle Bell Jam xmas group build, sorry no blueprinting permitted :D

• Are you sure you used the latest serverfiles to update it and not the ones from before one of the recent bugfixes? There was indeed a memory leak somewhere between the bugfix updates but that has already been patched :/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!