Status Update: Items, Weather and a Survey

• I should have mentioned spheres in pnb. it would be nice to have spheres instead of having to rotate a log as it would help decrease the lag generated by placing so many logs on top of each other.

I dont know if this is possible , but it would be nice if you had the ability to change the rotation point for certain pnb elements. I am thinking of the triangle. It has always been very difficult to place a triangle in the proper position cause the center of its rotation is in a funny location.

And just to make your life more difficult :). how about adding more shapes to pnb. Couple shapes i am thinking about are : a wedge of a sphere (like an orange slice) , so we can adjust the radius and circumference of the slice. This way we could make half circles or dome shapes if we like. Other shapes could be Cones, pyramid and wedge shapes

• Will you guys try to advertise the game more after the new version is out? Most of my friends have never heard of it, so I tell them and show them the new pics. This game deserves attention, and I want to see more people playing!

Also I think it could use fresh logos and trailers after the new version is available/somewhat complete to reflect that shiny new high quality.

• Thanks for your feedback! ^^

I should have mentioned spheres in pnb. it would be nice to have spheres instead of having to rotate a log as it would help decrease the lag generated by placing so many logs on top of each other.

Oh yes, spheres are definitely coming in the new version :thumbup:

I dont know if this is possible , but it would be nice if you had the ability to change the rotation point for certain pnb elements. I am thinking of the triangle

We have indeed plans to revamp the building system, allowing you to change the pivot of a construction element. Unfortunately the new building system isn't ready yet, so I can't say much about that yet, but it will give you much more control than the old one ;)

Couple shapes i am thinking about are : a wedge of a sphere (like an orange slice) , so we can adjust the radius and circumference of the slice. This way we could make half circles or dome shapes if we like

Implementing complex, adjustable shapes is a bit tricky, but we will definitely keep that one in mind.

Will you guys try to advertise the game more after the new version is out? Most of my friends have never heard of it, so I tell them and show them the new pics. This game deserves attention, and I want to see more people playing!

Thanks for your support! :thumbup: We will certainly do more advertising once the new version is ready, although until the game is available on other stores, this does in fact mostly depend on Steam.

Also I think it could use fresh logos and trailers after the new version is available/somewhat complete to reflect that shiny new high quality.

Oh yes, it's really necessary to update both the logos and trailers for the new version. We will do that once the new version is ready :)

• 1. I've been thinking about PvP system and I have considered a PvP arena instead of PK(playerKiller) system. Maby I'm not that old player but I do remember that once PvP was really Player versus Player instead of PK(what u mean is unexpected attack). In some cases the PK was punished with some decreasing some statistics of a player. What I mean is that I stand for PvP but I say no to PK, fighting should be done with honor. It might also develop some more Knight stuff in the future.

2. If there was an electric energy, why not sanitary- I mean toilets etc, hydraulic, and the toilets would be then useful.

3. I don't know if anybody has wrote this things already, but I would love to have windows with a possibility to open like doors.

(Written by my son I don't speak any foreign language, sorry for mistakes)

• I always though it would be cool if people could set their own claim areas to pvp or not. so if someone wanted to make a dungeon or fighting arena (area) they could then set their claim to pvp. Those that dont like pvp can just leave their claim areas set for nonpvp. Of course you would need to have an indicator on the screen telling you that you just walked into a pvp area.

• I always though it would be cool if people could set their own claim areas to pvp or not. so if someone wanted to make a dungeon or fighting arena (area) they could then set their claim to pvp. Those that dont like pvp can just leave their claim areas set for nonpvp. Of course you would need to have an indicator on the screen telling you that you just walked into a pvp area.

I second this completely. I would want my server to be pve except for small arena areas that challenges can be settled in.

I second this idea, too. I am no friend of PvP as it is in most games, but I like your idea. That way PvE and PvP could easily exist on the same server.

1. I've been thinking about PvP system and I have considered a PvP arena instead of PK(playerKiller) system. Maby I'm not that old player but I do remember that once PvP was really Player versus Player instead of PK(what u mean is unexpected attack). In some cases the PK was punished with some decreasing some statistics of a player. What I mean is that I stand for PvP but I say no to PK, fighting should be done with honor. It might also develop some more Knight stuff in the future.

[...]

I also second an honorable PvP where non-honorable PvP is punished. People nowadays tend to do damage just because they can, which is a "modern" trend which makes me shiver.

• Basically it's already possible to create separate pvp areas with the plugin API ;) However, since it's our intention to add some sort of protection script to the game anyway, we will think about a way to handle pvp/pve in a similar way. But maybe it's still preferable to have a separate plugin for that, since that would be fully customizable then :thinking:

2. If there was an electric energy, why not sanitary- I mean toilets etc, hydraulic, and the toilets would be then useful.

We're thinking about pipes (to be able to transport fluids in general), however, first we want to get electricity ready ^^

3. I don't know if anybody has wrote this things already, but I would love to have windows with a possibility to open like doors.

We will definitely keep that in mind - although I can't say for sure if we can implement that. Construction elements (like planks, beams, but also windows etc., basically anything that's resizable) are treated differently (compared to objects like furniture or doors), so it's a bit tricky to handle special behaviour (like movement) for construction elements in a performance-friendly way (considering that some people place thousands or hundreds of thousands of construction elements) ^^

• Quote from red51

We're thinking about pipes (to be able to transport fluids in general), however, first we want to get electricity ready

Pipes for fluids? Could this possibly mean we'll eventually have to water crops? We could have a watering can item at first and then possibly use pipes for automatic irrigation in the late-game to make our lives easier. Personally I would love more detailed farming as well as cooking. Those are my favorite things to do in Survival games besides building. :) I'd love to water and fertilize crops and then process the crop into food, something like an interactive pot to make stew would be so cool, like where we have to throw in the ingredients ourselves. I love the interactive crafting in this game- already off to a good start with the way we place meat on grills, as well as the planned wheat and flour in the grinding mill. (Speaking of which- I wonder if the rolling pin will be used to roll out dough?).

Are there any plans for farming and cooking changes in the new version? :O

• Basically it's already possible to create separate pvp areas with the plugin API ;) However, since it's our intention to add some sort of protection script to the game anyway, we will think about a way to handle pvp/pve in a similar way. But maybe it's still preferable to have a separate plugin for that, since that would be fully customizable then :thinking:

I don't have any degree in IT etc. but I can only image how much effort does it takes to create something as perfect as Rising World but it's not what I really want to say.

So to the point; about the PvE- PvP zones(I'm aware of that it could be distant Future) if this area would be generated like a biom for e.g Dark forest with more aggressive habitat with harder PvE, surviving, like lacking water or it has to be prepared before drinking etc. That would be also pretty nice place to have PK, which is nowadays misused with PvP.

Of course this zone should be having different graphics layout to make it easy to tell if this is a zone where I can die by getting killed by other player or not. Then it would be something for players who like to fight and also some safe place for those who doesn't want. It could be like jing-jang the balance, and the magic, one world would be fullyfied with sweet creatures and the other would be just the opposite. It would help to connect PvE and PvP in game. Then also magic could be divided into the 2, the dark one and the light one.

• Pipes for fluids? Could this possibly mean we'll eventually have to water crops?

Yes, that's planned. We already prepared a watering can for the Java version, but it never made it into the game... it will be definitely part of the new version ;)

process the crop into food, something like an interactive pot to make stew would be so cool, like where we have to throw in the ingredients ourselves

It was our intention to add something like that for the cooking update. We really want to make cooking a bit interactive. Having to "craft" food at a workbench would be pretty boring I guess :D

Are there any plans for farming and cooking changes in the new version? :O

Unfortunately I can't say much about these things (especially about cooking, since we have no ETA for that feature), however, when it comes to farming, it's our intention to add proper watering and fertilization. We also have plans for things like crop failure. If we add seasons in the long run (or at least a distinction between summer and winter), this would also have an impact on farming of course :)

this area would be generated like a biom for e.g Dark forest with more aggressive habitat with harder PvE, surviving, like lacking water or it has to be prepared before drinking etc

I like the idea of having certain biomes with harder enemies and a rather hostile environment in general :thumbup:

Of course this zone should be having different graphics layout to make it easy to tell if this is a zone where I can die by getting killed by other player or not

I'm not sure if we should restrict PK / PvP to these biomes as well :thinking: There must be a logical reason or explanation for the player why pvp is only allowed in these biomes. I'd rather prefer to put no restrictions on this and let server admins decide if they want pvp areas (and where they want to set them up) ;)

• Quick question, are the placeable objects affected by physics? In this pic you shared it looks as if the picks are sitting in a pile, and there's some hanging from the ceiling.... At first I was under the impression that they would just stick where you place them. Would we have to place construction pieces on the walls to form "hooks" to hang our tools from? That would be really cool.

items2.jpg

• Quick question, are the placeable objects affected by physics? In this pic you shared it looks as if the picks are sitting in a pile, and there's some hanging from the ceiling.... At first I was under the impression that they would just stick where you place them

Probably placed items will not be affected by physics - for reasons of performance :/ The pickaxes on the screenshots were not placed, I just spawned 2000 pickaxes at that location :saint: In fact the pickaxes on the screenshot were spawned at the same spot, so every pickaxe tries to push away the other pickaxes - the same happens in the Java version when destroying a chest full of items, for example.

Dropped items (i.e. items you throw away) will be affected by physics (just like in the current version), but unlike placed items, they will despawn after a given amount of time. Placed items, on the other hand, will just stick where you place them ;)

How close are you to a public alpha?

Can't give an ETA unfortunately || But a playable demo is coming closer, hopefully it won't take too long until it's ready.

• Placed items, on the other hand, will just stick where you place them

Ok, now I understand! And this is probably for the best. I'm imagining trying to decorate the tables in my home like in Skyrim, accidentally bumping into the table, and every item goes flying in 100 different directions. || The pain. ;(

• 8131-castle-pngThis was posted on another thread a while back, but I really agree with the sentiments of YakMe when it comes to new blocks.
    Also - if you could include a portcullis to go with the drawbridge that would be perfect.

Regarding PVP - would be nice if it was optional for people to destroy the work of others, but it is more difficult to do so with standard tools (Players can build catapults to smash down walls if they so intend, but even that takes time) -again optional.

• Lord_Raffles - you can already do such with planks and beams.

You can spawn (command or plugin) a triangle and set the size you desire. With regular planks and beams you can also do much more nice bowls, arches, etc. Round buildings are very possible and look really round :)

• Hi.

It´s very simplier when we have this ONE block:

This is a ramp like sized a slap & positionable like a slap on the positions: ground, middle & upper positions - & rotatable ;)

PS: For filling the holes you can use the beams - size it to a slap (for example) ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!