First playable version now available!

• Great job with the physics with those blocks did anyone else run into the hanging block just to watch it swing :crazy:

yes, I did run into it ... try the following: take a gun, stand in the direction the block swings to, shoot at it while the block swings upwards and ... woosh

• Ok so I downloaded it and got it working on the laptop, copied the files across to my desktop PC which I think is meant to be okay and work but it gives me an error about login details I think. Yet everything is correct as I copied it directly from my laptop. ;/

• Hi, Red. Impressive! When my iMac died in August, I'd been relegated to a laptop I dared not game on while waiting for the new Macs to come out. On Tuesday, I received my new M1 Mac mini, and here I am on Saturday playing your playable version of RW. With six pages of comments, I have no idea if someone else tried it on the new Macs, but it's truly amazing. Excellent graphics, no lag at all, superb sounds, and overall a lot of fun for the better part of an hour with zero crashes or even hiccups. I'm looking forward to the full version, no matter how long I have to wait. Good job and Merry Christmas, Red.

• I'm still frustrated/annoyed I can't record this game for youtube while certain other people can.

Oh, that's a pity, why doesn't it work? :wat: What recording do you use?

Ok so I downloaded it and got it working on the laptop, copied the files across to my desktop PC which I think is meant to be okay and work but it gives me an error about login details I think. Yet everything is correct as I copied it directly from my laptop. ;/

Yes you can put it on any machine (as long as it has an internet connection, which is obviously required to download the files^^). What kind of error do you get exactly? Make sure to enter your serial and also make sure there are no unwanted or hidden symbols in the text you've copied (spaces, line breaks etc). Alternatively you can always find our serial here: https://shop.rising-world.net/license-list/

On Tuesday, I received my new M1 Mac mini, and here I am on Saturday playing your playable version of RW. With six pages of comments, I have no idea if someone else tried it on the new Macs, but it's truly amazing. Excellent graphics, no lag at all, superb sounds, and overall a lot of fun for the better part of an hour with zero crashes or even hiccups

Wow, thanks for the feedback, glad to hear it runs well so on the new Macs! :wat: 8) :thumbup:

• Hi red51,

Edit: I found the Player.log file per your instructions on Steam red51 and attached. I deleted the Vulkan cache file on a hunch maybe it needed to re-init but that doesn't seem to be related.

I see Vulkan complained OOM (Out of Memory), my GTX-660 has 1.5 Gigs RAM, not a lot but I know I run Windows games with Proton with it, Subnautica at 60-80 FPS, ARK (though I usually run ARK natively), etc. so that error may not be related.

My hunch is it doesn't like me having Java 11 as the system default. Not sure though.

Good luck!

Files

• Player.log

(18.48 kB, downloaded 220 times, last: )

Edited 2 times, last by Jebblue ().

• Jebblue Thanks for the log! Indeed Vulkan runs out of VRAM which is the reason for this crash - unfortunately the Linux version is quite VRAM hungry and - unlike Unitys DirectX 11 or Metal implementation - suffers from memory leaks apparently. I'm pretty sure that's a bug in Unitys Vulkan implementation (but this could also be related to the HDRP). For this reason we've raised our minimum requirement to 2 GB VRAM some time ago.

Only thing you could do is reduce the graphics settings. If you can make it to the graphics settings, you can change them there (select the "low" preset or maybe "medium"). If the game crashes earlier, open the config.properties file in the _New Version folder with a text editor and set "Graphic_ShadowsEnabled" to false and "Graphic_TextureQuality" to 0, then save the file. That should be enough to run the game without getting an OOM crash.

• Hi so the error I get after successfully running it on my laptop but trying to run on the desktop, is 'Initialization Exception: Missing Credentials' but its a straight copy, and even running off the same drive, serial code is entered and running offline. Not sure what its missing?

Thanks.

• Proto0x7C8 Does that mean you run in offline mode, i.e. with no active internet connection? Maybe send us the latest log file. To get to the logs folder, press Windows key + R and enter %APPDATA%/../LocalLow/JIW-Games/Rising World. There should be a "Player.log" file, please upload it here (or send it via PN to me or via mail to support@jiw-games.net) ;)

• Jebblue Thanks for the log! Indeed Vulkan runs out of VRAM which is the reason for this crash - unfortunately the Linux version is quite VRAM hungry and - unlike Unitys DirectX 11 or Metal implementation - suffers from memory leaks apparently. I'm pretty sure that's a bug in Unitys Vulkan implementation (but this could also be related to the HDRP). For this reason we've raised our minimum requirement to 2 GB VRAM some time ago.

Only thing you could do is reduce the graphics settings. If you can make it to the graphics settings, you can change them there (select the "low" preset or maybe "medium"). If the game crashes earlier, open the config.properties file in the _New Version folder with a text editor and set "Graphic_ShadowsEnabled" to false and "Graphic_TextureQuality" to 0, then save the file. That should be enough to run the game without getting an OOM crash.

Thank you red51. I tried those and got the game to start once with a white screen. Trying again, Vulkan keeps complaining. Trying settings which I use for my other games (Native Linux and Windows games on Steam Proton) and Vulkan keeps crashing the game. I tried my normal resolution I play games in 1920x1080 and tried the settings that were default in the config.properties.

1.5 on a GTX-660 with 16G MB RAM plays my other games including AAA titles (several) native and Steam Proton on low to medium settings so I know that is enough and probably will be for a few more years. Perhaps this new version of the game is doing some awesome stuff that even the current AAA games aren't doing yet. :-)

I appreciate the effort. If you choose to look whenever you have free time, I'll add my latest settings and game log files.

• 1.5 on a GTX-660 with 16G MB RAM plays my other games including AAA titles (several) native and Steam Proton on low to medium settings so I know that is enough and probably will be for a few more years. Perhaps this new version of the game is doing some awesome stuff that even the current AAA games aren't doing yet.

It's unfortunately mostly out of our control - Linux isn't getting much love from Unity recently, especially when it comes to their newer technologies. The issue with changing resolutions was already reported in January 2020 and is still not fixed for example.

This also includes their Vulkan implementation. It has a pretty high base overhead and allocates a lot of memory beforehand - and it crashes immediately if it runs out of memory. This is getting quite problematic on hardware below the minimum requirements.

You can't compare that with other games unfortunately, since probably none of these games use Unity in combination with the HDRP :|

According to the config file, there are still a few effects enabled which definitely increase memory consumption. For instance you could disable "Volumetric lights" and "Motion Blur". You should also reduce the "Detail View Distance": A setting of 5 still equates to a setting of 20 in the Java version (which was the max setting for detail chunks). Another thing you could try is to open the config.properties file and add the line "Graphic_QualityMode=0" somewhere - this should also result in a lower memory consumption (this force disables most effects, so even changing them in the settings won't have an effect anymore)...

• Oh, that's a pity, why doesn't it work? :wat: What recording do you use?

Maybe its demanding, though I do find it interesting when I can record VRchat (in VR) but not Rising World properly. It drops every other frame for Rising World Unity, probably for how demanding it is. I may have to alter the settings and such to make it recordable for Youtube, even though people beat me to the punch, etc, etc.

I put my ticket in the client help subforum for OBS and etc. I'll try again Tuesday when I have time.

• Maybe its demanding, though I do find it interesting when I can record VRchat (in VR) but not Rising World properly. It drops every other frame for Rising World Unity, probably for how demanding it is. I may have to alter the settings and such to make it recordable for Youtube, even though people beat me to the punch, etc, etc.

I put my ticket in the client help subforum for OBS and etc. I'll try again Tuesday when I have time.

Mebbe try forcing frame cap (vsync or similar) by driver. For me it's running unlimited so it tries to squeeze out every frame it can.

• I see Vulkan complained OOM (Out of Memory), my GTX-660 has 1.5 Gigs RAM, not a lot but I know I run Windows games with Proton with it, Subnautica at 60-80 FPS, ARK (though I usually run ARK natively), etc. so that error may not be related.

OT but do yourself a favour and run ARK via Proton. Less glitches, more FPS and not waiting 3 weeks until this version gets patches too o0 Took up with the native version long enough too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!