First playable version now available!

• Will the stand alone server for the unity version be offered through steamcmd and if so will there be a different download number so we can still get the java version of the server?

The dedicated server for the new version will be available as separate beta branch via SteamCMD (but unlike the game, this branch will overwrite an existing Java version of the server, so it's recommended to install the server for the new version to a separate directory) ;)

Maybe we will also offer the dedicated server files as separate download on our website, but we're still not sure about that.

• Meg kell venni újra?

• It's a problem that I don't have the original version and I can't find the download. Just a purchase.

We've changed the account handling in January 2020 and merged the forum and website account. Since then authentication is done via a serial instead of username+password. If you already purchased the standalone in the past, you can "convert" your account here: https://www.rising-world.net/rising-world-legacy/

There you can enter your old username and password and link it with your new account (your forum account). After doing that, you will get a serial and you will also get access to the download section. The download section contains both a launcher for the old Java version (you will need it if you still want to play the Java version online) as well as a separate launcher for the new version.

If you still can't access the download page after linking your account, you can try to reload the website (Ctrl + F5) or alternatively close and re-open your browser.

This topic contains more information about that: Important notice for Standalone users

• Принят на работу. Планируете ли вы в игре много мебели, одежды, животных, например кошек, собак, птиц?

Are there any plans to develop "Water World" like from a movie? build swimming boats, schooners, sail around the islands, to merchants, find treasures, etc.

And when will we be able to fully build in creative mode?))

• Are there any plans to develop "Water World" like from a movie? build swimming boats, schooners, sail around the islands, to merchants, find treasures, etc.

And when will we be able to fully build in creative mode?))

Sorry for my late response! I'm not sure what you expect from a "Water World"-like gameplay, but oceans and sailing will play a bigger role in the new version compared to the Java version ^^ The world will consist of several big islands (actually huge islands), surrounded by ocean. If you want to explore various biomes, you will have to build a ship and sail to other islands.

About the creative mode, basically the terraforming tools are already available in the demo. You can enable creative mode by typing gm 1 into console, then press F5 to enable the terrain tools.

Building, however, will be part of the next update (which introduces construction elements and proper building tools) ;) This update will be ready in April.

• The world will consist of several big islands (actually huge islands), surrounded by ocean. If you want to explore various biomes, you will have to build a ship and sail to other islands.

That sounds close enough to a Water World for me! I now spend huge amounts of time turning land into water ways in the java version. Then more time unscrewing my screwups. Also, small changes aren't bad, but each large terrain change seems to make things slower and more jerky. Sounds like I'll be spending more time enjoying the scenery than creating it in the new version. Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

• Also, small changes aren't bad, but each large terrain change seems to make things slower and more jerky

Hmm... does that happen in the Demo of the new version, or in the Java version? Basically a modified terrain shouldn't be more expensive in terms of rendering performance than unmodified terrain, unless a lot of detail is added to the terrain (i.e. more complex terrain structures, resulting in higher polygon counts) - but usually this difference is negligible, unless doing that on a large scale ^^

April APRIL did someone say April..... please dont let this be April 1st joke :crazy:

Hehe, don't worry :D

• Hmm... does that happen in the Demo of the new version, or in the Java version? Basically a modified terrain shouldn't be more expensive in terms of rendering performance than unmodified terrain, unless a lot of detail is added to the terrain (i.e. more complex terrain structures, resulting in higher polygon counts) - but usually this difference is negligible, unless doing that on a large scale ^^

Not in the new version... I haven't made any large terrain changes there yet. Considering it will be ocean & islands it will probably already have a lot of what I'm trying to accomplish with the java version.

In the java version, I've converted many biomes to Water World types, with extensive islands populated with critters & bandits. I'm currently converting an entire ocean biome into a large broken island ring similar to what you would see in the Marshall Islands, along with smaller islands in the middle (some with structures under them). Long rivers & canals (some underground), mostly bounded by thick vegetation, connect to other widely spaced areas, some taking quite a while to traverse. And then there are the constructions... I don't know if this amounts to 'large scale', but it sure is fun and habit forming. ^^

Thank you again for such an awesome creation! :thumbup:

• This sounds very interesting SighBorg :) The terrain changes (i.e. terrain sculpting) shouldn't have a big impact on performance though, but other stuff like denser vegetation (compared to the original state), more npcs and more constructions definitely play a role. At the end of the day, rendering performance in the Java version only depends on the number of draw calls and total amount of visible polygons: When it comes to draw calls, this is mostly affected by npcs and vegetation (especially if there are many different plants). Polygon count, on the other hand, is basically affected by everything (every single plant, block or plank you place). Npcs play a special role, since animations add additional GPU load, and AI handling and collision detection for them add CPU load (due to limitations of the physics engine in the Java version npcs have quite a noticable impact on the CPU).

In the new version, npcs will have less impact on the CPU (mainly due to the much better physics engine and cheaper collision detections), but the rendering overhead is much bigger (due to the higher visual quality). Although it's a bit difficult to compare with the Java version: In the Java version, you'll get great performance, especially on low view distances, but performance becomes worse the higher the view distance. In fact it becomes extremely worse when setting higher values than the max values in the settings (21 detail distance, 50 total view distance), even on high end machines. In the new version, on the other hand, performance in empty worlds is worse compared to the Java version (especially on low view distances), but much better in complex scenes when having great view distances (in general, the new version is capable of rendering much bigger view distances). It's still important to have a powerful machine which can handle the base overhead of the new version ^^

• Not in the new version... I haven't made any large terrain changes there yet. Considering it will be ocean & islands it will probably already have a lot of what I'm trying to accomplish with the java version.

In the java version, I've converted many biomes to Water World types, with extensive islands populated with critters & bandits. I'm currently converting an entire ocean biome into a large broken island ring similar to what you would see in the Marshall Islands, along with smaller islands in the middle (some with structures under them). Long rivers & canals (some underground), mostly bounded by thick vegetation, connect to other widely spaced areas, some taking quite a while to traverse. And then there are the constructions... I don't know if this amounts to 'large scale', but it sure is fun and habit forming. ^^

Thank you again for such an awesome creation! :thumbup:

I made a "Flat Earth" version where there are no mountains, no dungeons just flatness everywhere!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!