Update 0.5: World generation

• And another bug - black terrain on loading screen :)

Edit: same happens on other screens too

Also another bug - when I loaded survival world after creative where I was 5000+ units above ground I get survival with low gravity... Which resulted with broken leg

• Another small thing: looks like water uses only vertical depth at this moment, so if water will be directly in front of you it will look... interesting. It is also dependent on angle that you are looking at and your height relative to water. I guess this is a limitation of current water fog rendering, and I hope it will be enhanced in the future :)

Yeah, it's unfortunately indeed a limitation of how water is rendered... but it's definitely our intention to improve that :)

This is a good survival-friendly approach, but what about creative players? Probably it is possible to add a console command, same as noclip

That's a good point, probably it's indeed helpful to have a command for that ^^

Another small bug - sometimes jack o lanterns don't have light inside (it can appear later, or not)

Oh, thanks for letting me know, I will take a closer look at this issue!

Another small bug - sometimes decals on some trees are inside trunk, which result with invisible decals. It happens on some trees in random places

Unfortunately it's indeed a bit off for some trees... fixing this is still on our to-do list :saint:

Suggestion - add more details to planet textures and add 2D clouds layer :)

Hehe, yeah, we will probably put some more attention on that in the future :D Currently the surface is procedurally generated, but it's indeed a bit dull^^

And another bug - black terrain on loading screen :)

Hmm... does it also happen if you restart the game? Or does it only happen when returning to the main menu?

Also another bug - when I loaded survival world after creative where I was 5000+ units above ground I get survival with low gravity... Which resulted with broken leg

Thanks for letting me know, we will fix that ASAP (although this won't make it into the next hotfix unfortunately) ;)

• So, I finally playtested the biomes update while streaming it on Twitch. It was a bit weird, but I did. I couldn't stream on Youtube for whatever reason.

A few issues:

- Ores are few and far

- Picking up stone makes the breaking sound effect. Needs to be changed to 'pickup' sound.

- A tree spawned as a duplicate (once). Never happened again.

- Double Tree

- Found my harbour area.

- Love the nightly vibes. Reminds me of those Viking show vibes of how dark it gets.

- Space! I saw others share images, this is now awesome. I wish we could naturally go into space with objects able to be held in place up here. This is insanely awesome.

I genuinely love this. I forgot to get rid of my axe in excitement, I however love this.

Forgot to share this amusement. Not many people caught this Halloween fun.

• This is definitely a bug, but unfortunately I'm not sure what's causing this exactly... we will try to fix this, but I'm not sure if the fix will make it into the next hotfix...

I looked a bit further into this and noticed that as soon as I swim into one of these missing 'tiles' I find myself under water and need to swim upwards to reach its (invisible) surface. It's as if the height of the surface isn't calculated correctly which might explain why it isn't rendered either. Just thought that might help track down the issue :D

• This is definitely a bug, but unfortunately I'm not sure what's causing this exactly... we will try to fix this, but I'm not sure if the fix will make it into the next hotfix...

I looked a bit further into this and noticed that as soon as I swim into one of these missing 'tiles' I find myself under water and need to swim upwards to reach its (invisible) surface. It's as if the height of the surface isn't calculated correctly which might explain why it isn't rendered either. Just thought that might help track down the issue :D

The same here.

I'm on Linux (Distro: KDE neon 20.04 5.26, AMD Radeon RX 580, Mesa 21.2.6)

World is attached: Test.7z

• Thank you Red51 I love what I see so far :thumbup: but when I tried to fly (F2) in survival world I fell through the world and couldn't fly up again it happened before in demo world I don't know what could it be But despite of that I really love it the new world :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!