Update 0.5: World generation

• Bug? Often when breaking iron boulders on the surface, the sound doesn't play for one of the strikes - usually somewhere between the fourth and last strike.

The missing sound doesn't seem to happen at all when breaking ordinary (stone) surface boulders ie all strikes have the accompanying sound.

• Bug? Often when breaking iron boulders on the surface, the sound doesn't play for one of the strikes - usually somewhere between the fourth and last strike.

Could you tell me which tool you were using (was it the primitive axe)? Are the sounds really missing, or are they "just" delayed? I'm experiencing a sound delay with certain materials too :thinking:

The rake and hammer are now working great :) :) thank you Red for all the great work you are doing :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks, I'm glad to hear it works now! :) :thumbup:

• Another mini update is now available btw, which fixes the amount of saplings you get from "blank" apple trees (after collecting apples) and increases the spawn rate for aluminium ore. The best place to get aluminium are the mountains, especially tall mountains ;)

This update is optional for multiplayer servers.

Hotfix 2022-11-03:

• [Change] Changed sapling count you get from apple trees
    • [Change] Increase spawn rate for aluminium ore (most aluminium spawns in mountains)
  • Thank you Red51 = my favorite German ... need to market RW with having 'therapeutic value' ... e.g. 'Being creative and listening to excellent in game ambient music and sound effects coupled with great eye candy with endless creative possibilities reduces stress' <<--- true story --- Kudos to your sound people, please add more: (music and realistic sound effects .. does wonders for immersion' and thank you for your hard work, attention to detail and regular involvement with your community. <3 ya

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• two suggestions: make a dedicated hand slot (hand inventory slot and extra hand slot we can switch to instead of needing to unload an item if we do not want to see the placement 'preview' of the item in that slot. Also if possible, reduce the lag we get switching hand slots (it still lags when switching and not instant like we are used to in Java version).

*Bug: spawned in a log cabin from java version, spawned in very well, but texture '106' as shown by snapping to a construction element (log) did not match to building texture 106 to match (visibly different, the #106 displayed after BP spawn did not match and darker than #106 picked from crafting. Some texture mismatch is at play (could not find the proper texture to perfectly match what was spawned in from BP).

may have something to do with the new texture scaling feature in after thought.

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• Thank you so much for your feedback and your kind words Juggernaut ^^ :thumbup:

Kudos to your sound people

Kudos to waveshapr , he did an amazing job with the sounds and music! 8)

two suggestions: make a dedicated hand slot (hand inventory slot and extra hand slot we can switch to instead of needing to unload an item if we do not want to see the placement 'preview' of the item in that slot. Also if possible, reduce the lag we get switching hand slots (it still lags when switching and not instant like we are used to in Java version).

There is basically an "Unequip" key available (it's "Unequip item" in the controls settings), IIRC it's H by default ^^

About the lag, yeah, it's indeed annoying... it has been on our to-do list for a long time now... we'll try to get this sorted out soon™ :saint:

*Bug: spawned in a log cabin from java version, spawned in very well, but texture '106' as shown by snapping to a construction element (log) did not match to building texture 106 to match (visibly different, the #106 displayed after BP spawn did not match and darker than #106 picked from crafting. Some texture mismatch is at play (could not find the proper texture to perfectly match what was spawned in from BP).

Was it the abandoned cabin that spawns naturally in the Java version? Otherwise, could you maybe send me the BP via PM, so I can take a closer look at this? ^^

• Could you tell me which tool you were using (was it the primitive axe)? Are the sounds really missing, or are they "just" delayed? I'm experiencing a sound delay with certain materials too :thinking:

Yes, primitive axe. The sound is definitely missing when striking iron boulders - I haven't progressed to any mining as yet, I've been starting new worlds to see if the missing water issue is fixed (and admiring the views, you've made a great job of world gen!).

One other sound(?) issue I noted, immediately upon spawning there's a short burst of of rapid clicks which sounds like a Geiger counter... it's like a series of events have been queued up and then released. I haven't noticed any other sound issues.

Was it the abandoned cabin that spawns naturally in the Java version? Otherwise, could you maybe send me the BP via PM, so I can take a closer look at this? ^^

It is a log cabin I built in the java version. Sending you a PM now, thanks

• Yes, primitive axe. The sound is definitely missing when striking iron boulders - I haven't progressed to any mining as yet, I've been starting new worlds to see if the missing water issue is fixed (and admiring the views, you've made a great job of world gen!).

I can confirm this! Thanks for letting us know, we'll fix this with the next update :D

One other sound(?) issue I noted, immediately upon spawning there's a short burst of of rapid clicks which sounds like a Geiger counter... it's like a series of events have been queued up and then released. I haven't noticed any other sound issues.

Hmm... that's weird oO Does this always happen when spawning? Do you have click sounds in the main menu?

Now that I think about this again, this could be the sound of the location ticker? Your current location is shown in the lower left corner of the screen when you spawn, and it makes a ticking noise (a bit similar to a Geiger counter) ^^

It is a log cabin I built in the java version. Sending you a PM now, thanks

Thanks for the PM! I'll take a closer look at this :)

• Looks like rain can appear underground. Probably the reason is that my mineshaft is vertical, but the rain has visual angle, so it is probably expected to not see the rain underground, at least coming from the wall :)

• Now that I think about this again, this could be the sound of the location ticker? Your current location is shown in the lower left corner of the screen when you spawn, and it makes a ticking noise (a bit similar to a Geiger counter) ^^

Sorry, you're right, that's exactly what it is. I never noticed that 'teletype' message.

• Iron sheets. Nice.

I can't really blame Red51 for this, but I spotted sand on a coastal area.

Sand, though nothing can be picked up upon mining.

I'm loving this update, and I know this is a foundation update. I'm just simply noting it. Would have been nice to have stone, or at least actual dirt/sand. We'll get there when we get there. I'm not feeling well so I'm just a tad bit crankier than I should be. Good luck with your updates and hotfixes Red51, I'm genuinely having fun trying to settle back in :monocle:

• I'm loving this update, and I know this is a foundation update. I'm just simply noting it. Would have been nice to have stone, or at least actual dirt/sand.

When I chop sand, I get stone. Red mentionned somewhere else that dirt/sand/snow/etc will come with one of the next updates.

• Looks like rain can appear underground. Probably the reason is that my mineshaft is vertical, but the rain has visual angle, so it is probably expected to not see the rain underground, at least coming from the wall :)

This is basically a bug, we'll try to fix this with one of the next update^^

How to kill your eyes with torch. Probably RW need some light curve changes :thinking: . This happens below zero height

Oh, thanks for bringing this to my attention, we'll reduce the light intensity with the next update :)

When I chop sand, I get stone. Red mentionned somewhere else that dirt/sand/snow/etc will come with one of the next updates.

Yes, these terrain materials aren't available as items yet, but they will be indeed added with one of the next updates ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!