When is the game ready

• I've moved your post to a separate topic (because apparently it wasn't related to the other topic) :)

However, once npcs are ready (they will be added with the next update), the new version is almost ready to replace the Java version IMHO (we still want to add a few other things though before actually doing that). The new version is already playable (in a beta branch on Steam, and for Standalone users, it's a separate download link), but some important features are still missing (the most important missing feature is actually npcs/animals).

But is there a particular feature of the Java version you are looking for specifically? Maybe I can share a few more information about it then ^^

Like 2025?

If we can't manage to replace the Java version much earlier, we'll be out of business ;) No matter what happens, we'll definitely replace the Java version this year.

• I know this won't be a popular sentiment, but I will happily pay for DLC when it gets to that point, and I would pay for major updates too if that would help speed or even just allow for development. I've only ever paid just $15 in 2014 and have played thousands of hours! Seems like too little for the value we've all gotten out of this little pasttime.

Also more marketing seems to be needed, and I don't imagine there is time or budget yet for that. Hopefully this npc update will give RW a little boost. Soon as I can I'll be putting up vids and tooting my horn to my minuscule following. Traveling right now ... but soon! :love:

• its alarming to hear red talk about insufficient game sales. i hope the game pays off for you. you really deserve the game to do well

Yeah, I'm hoping he can at the very least reach the 'API Plug-in & Modding' support stage which shall allow people to help him out in various ways. I'm openly seeing people gaslighting me so I hope they can put their foot where their mouth is once we gain API support to give Red51 a helping hand in a few months.

As for Red51, I hope he can make various features open-sourced, or at least provide templates for us to work with so we can add whatever we can, even to the point a caveman can do it. If we wanted to add more food types, more objects and furniture's we could do it via the API. Same with vehicles, NPCs, among other things.

People gaslighted me with Moose mounting and NPC companions so I'll use their weapon against the people. Once it attracts a certain group (an Anime/Japanese) group I'm sure Rising World shall gain some added attention. Confused as to why? View 'Mining Turtle' and 'Little Maids Mod' for Minecraft, then Google up 'Busou Shinki', or even 'Fate/Extella' allowing various models being added. If still confused look at the example plug-ins for Java, even one allowing you to make custom items. That needs to be made more simple then Red51 shall have less worries :D

• I know this won't be a popular sentiment, but I will happily pay for DLC when it gets to that point, and I would pay for major updates too if that would help speed or even just allow for development. I've only ever paid just $15 in 2014 and have played thousands of hours! Seems like too little for the value we've all gotten out of this little pasttime.

Also more marketing seems to be needed, and I don't imagine there is time or budget yet for that. Hopefully this npc update will give RW a little boost. Soon as I can I'll be putting up vids and tooting my horn to my minuscule following. Traveling right now ... but soon! :love:

I would do the same. I would pay for a Rising World Modding module and/or RW Studio, or whatever Red51 decides to make on the side. Various indie developers made side projects to add onto their game to keep the funding coming in, or at least for the fun of it.

I can sign this exactly the same way. As soon as the game is a little bit above the level of the Java version and works bug-free I am ready for paid DLCs and it would also be appropriate to increase the base price of the game at the latest then.

Yes, the marketing etc. is certainly an important point. If the community present in the forum can help somehow, it is also certainly ready for it. :)

I think Rising World has the potential to raise the standard for a survival, sandbox and building game to a new level.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!