Update 0.6: Animals

• Oh. Well nevermind then. I live in Romania. Maybe that's why.

• You could maybe try to reduce the texture quality (especially the construction texture quality) to the lowest value in the graphics settings (just to see if the crash persists).

It's still crashing even with every graphics setting set to the lowest possible setting. Only thing I can think of is I logged out in a fully marble shiny room where I was experimenting with making a gold block a chrome color with the texture size set to 0 to make a mirror, but that doesn't explain why its happening to two other players on my server now in different locations.

Green Valleys - PvE Survival - Land Claims/Portals/SetHome - discord.gg/6gEbPXCHrV

• It's still crashing even with every graphics setting set to the lowest possible setting. Only thing I can think of is I logged out in a fully marble shiny room where I was experimenting with making a gold block a chrome color with the texture size set to 0 to make a mirror, but that doesn't explain why its happening to two other players on my server now in different locations.

There is definitely something wrong, as there are some users experiencing this issue :thinking:

This is the actual error:

In your case, Unity tries to allocate 17 TB of RAM (apparently for a shader). The stack trace indicates that this happens during th render loop (invoked from the HDRP)... hard to tell what's causing this :thinking:

We'll try to update the Unity version to 2022.2.8f1 for the next hotfix, hoping that this fixes the issue. If that doesn't help, we may try to update to the 2023.1 beta (but updating to a beta may introduce other issues) :|

• Excuse me, but tell me how to get meat from an animal?

Just hold a knife in your hands, then look at the carcass and hold your left mouse button ;)

Hi red51, when gutting an animal it appears that only the modern day Combat Knife with it's bright-green-plastic-none-medieval handle works.

Yeah, that was unfortunately a small bug :saint: I've released a mini hotfix for that 1-2 hours ago, but it's still the same version number. If Steam doesn't download the update automatically, please try to verify the game files manually^^

If you're playing in multiplayer, it's also necessary to update the server for this ^^

• Hi Red, thanks for the update. I believe the "Adapt to World Element" function has broken with the update. I press the key and nothing happens. Other people in the same server are having the same issue so I assume its a bug and not just me :)

• Hi Red, thanks for the update. I believe the "Adapt to World Element" function has broken with the update. I press the key and nothing happens. Other people in the same server are having the same issue so I assume its a bug and not just me :)

Thanks for letting me know, I can confirm that this doesn't work anymore for some reason :wat: We'll fix that ASAP (but unfortunately this won't make it into the next hotfix, but we'll try to fix that for the hotfix after the next) ;)

I see Baby Animals, is Animal Husbandry in the works?

Animal husbandry and breeding is actually planned, but unfortunately I have no ETA for that yet :/ First we want to get the new version a bit more fleshed out, so it can finally replace the Java version :D

• We've released a hotfix btw! We found a potential workaround for the crash some users were experiencing. Please let us know if issue still persists! ;)

Apart from that, this update also fixes a few smaller things. It's necessary to update multiplayer servers accordingly.

Hotfix 0.6.0.1 (2023-03-02):

• [Bugfix] Fixed crash that occurred on some machines (need feedback)
    • [Bugfix] Primitive knife now also works when gutting animals
    • [Bugfix] Fixed nearby workbenches not being detected in crafting menu
    • [Bugfix] Fixed error that occurred when loading a world while a sapling in inventory was equipped
  • EDIT: red51 SteamCMD finally allowed the server update to pass through. All fine now, thank you!!!

We've released a hotfix btw! We found a potential workaround for the crash some users were experiencing. Please let us know if issue still persists! ;)

Apart from that, this update also fixes a few smaller things. It's necessary to update multiplayer servers accordingly.

• [Bugfix] Fixed error that occurred when loading a world while a sapling in inventory was equipped

red51 updating server with app_update 339010 -beta unity in SteamdCMD does not seem to work with the hotfix (worked fine for the initial update). Ideas?

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

Edited 2 times, last by Juggernaut ().

• Great work on the update :)

However, I have found a little bug in this version : The INSERT key ("adapt to world element") is broken now. Can you fix this ? Its one of the most usefull feature for building.

• Thats weird :wat: Does it work if you add a validate to the command?

working fine now. The same happened with the word gen update. Clients updated 1st via their steam client, steamCMD on server didn;t see the update until 1hr later or less. Steam issue I tink. thank you!

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• We've released a hotfix btw! We found a potential workaround for the crash some users were experiencing. Please let us know if issue still persists! ;)

Woohoo! Can confirm my game is no longer crashing now and I can connect to my server just fine.

Green Valleys - PvE Survival - Land Claims/Portals/SetHome - discord.gg/6gEbPXCHrV

• However, I have found a little bug in this version : The INSERT key ("adapt to world element") is broken now. Can you fix this ? Its one of the most usefull feature for building.

Yeah, this is unfortunately a bug. We will fix that with the next hotfix (probably it will be ready in the next couple of hours) :)

working fine now. The same happened with the word gen update. Clients updated 1st via their steam client, steamCMD on server didn;t see the update until 1hr later or less. Steam issue I tink. thank you!

Oh, I'm glad to hear it works now! :)

Woohoo! Can confirm my game is no longer crashing now and I can connect to my server just fine.

Awesome, I'm happy to hear that! :):thumbup:

I have another bug. The command for showing ballistic trajectory doesn't seem to work anymore.

Hmm... unfortunately I couldn't reproduce this issue :wat: The command is showballistictrajectory in the new version, it's still working on my end :thinking: It it doesn't work in your case, maybe you could send us a report? To do that, open the console and type "report" (maybe add some information like "cannot enable ballistic trajectory" or something like that) ^^

• Hi red51, I'm exhauted to run behind foxes, moose and rabbits!! hahaa we need a bow :D

But, very happy with this update! Congrats! At least, the world now is much more alive... ^^ :thumbup:

Curious on what will be your next step. Caves & ruins implementation? NPCs part2 (with aggressive animals and bandits)? New biomes? What's your next move for your beatifull game? :saint:

Quick question: What's included in "altered chunk"?

Cutting a tree or destroying a rock or grabbing a potatoe, is it considered as chunk modifyed?

Or only constructions make a chunk to be altered?

Also, killing animal, makes a chunk altered?

Thank you, if you can give some details on that please :)

Congrats again :thumbup:

• Thanks for your feedback and your kind words Kyo :)

hahaa we need a bow :D

Hehe, yeah, it's definitely on our to-do list :D I guess it will be ready with one of the next updates^^

Curious on what will be your next step. Caves & ruins implementation? NPCs part2 (with aggressive animals and bandits)? New biomes? What's your next move for your beatifull game? :saint:

The next update will be a smaller one (mainly introducing posters and signs, as well as a few other things), but we definitely don't have to wait too long for that update ^^ Then we'll start working on biomes and caves, but also on more npcs (can't say for sure which one of these updates will be available first) :saint:

Quick question: What's included in "altered chunk"?

Cutting a tree or destroying a rock or grabbing a potatoe, is it considered as chunk modifyed?

Or only constructions make a chunk to be altered?

Also, killing animal, makes a chunk altered?

Yes, cutting a tree or picking up plants already makes the chunk considered "modified". Basically everything that changes the "static" world content (terrain, plants, rocks). This also applies to placing construction elements, for example.

Usually that shouldn't be a huge issue though, but if it turns out that this has a negative impact on animal population, we will probably change that^^

However, killing an npc does not have an impact on that ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!