WorldProtection, Self claim protection plugin

• Hi yahgiggle, when I said player name I was referring to the field called AreaOwnerName (I updated a few to different names) -- so maybe I just used the wrong terminology since these are all under the same PlayerUID. I was looking at utilizing this for setting up different nature reserve areas (and eventually label it "nature reserve" or whatever special name I want) I'd turn terrain modification off for those protected areas when I play in single player mode. This would keep certain areas guaranteed to respawn wildlife and I suppose bandits if too if desired once they become available in the unity version. :)

Oh right, :-D :thumbup:

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • can the owner set their area as pvp or pve? maybe if it is set to pvp the boundry is highlighted? of someway of showing you have entered a pvp area?

Gillwin i love this idea, i will see if that is possible and definitely do it if it is. :thumbup:

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Hi yahgiggle,

Finally had some time to test out the plugin. Will there be a way for admins to configure settings in the future? i.e. how long it takes to earn points, how many points a plot costs, etc. I would also like the option to allow players to still modify things in unclaimed areas.

I'm also noticing that the plugin doesn't give points for past playtime, only playtime from when it was installed. On existing worlds this might annoy some long-time players who need more claims to cover all the things they've already built.

Also, would it be possible to implement some kind of abandoned claim thing, like if players have not logged in for 30/60/90 days, the claims can be removed either automatically or by admins, or added to a list for admins to sort through if it should be removed or not as there may be some buildings that we want to preserve. Even just having visible to admins something like "This plot was claimed on 01/01/23, owner last logged on 03/03/23." to help admins manage claims better would be helpful.

Edit: Also just noticed some typos, the bottom right on screen message in unclaimed areas says "Plot Owner=Not Clamed", and in unnamed areas it says "Area Name=Unknowin"

2nd Edit: It would also be nice if the admin areas could be toggled to allow claiming so that an admin area can be setup to show as the town name, and players can claim plots within it.

3rd Edit: Noticed players don't get points back when they delete an area, is this intentional? The count of areas owned also does not update when an area is deleted. (Edit: Nvm, the area count updates when a player relogs. Not sure if points were refunded though...)

Green Valleys - PvE Survival - Land Claims/Portals/SetHome - discord.gg/EQ6a9mb

Edited 5 times, last by Red_Baron ().

• Hi yahgiggle,

Finally had some time to test out the plugin. Will there be a way for admins to configure settings in the future? i.e. how long it takes to earn points, how many points a plot costs, etc. I would also like the option to allow players to still modify things in unclaimed areas.

• This is two questions, yes i will add an option for admins to adjust the price but this will be a limited option, it wont have a setting for stopping the rise in cost as the players buys more plots and the price change will effect how fast the cost of a plot rise's by,
    • Adding the option to still allow players to modify things in unclaimed areas is a good idea, i will add this.

I'm also noticing that the plugin doesn't give points for past playtime, only playtime from when it was installed. On existing worlds this might annoy some long-time players who need more claims to cover all the things they've already built.

• Yes you are right, this plugin does not give points for past playtime, this wont be added, but i am going to give the admin a way to give players points, also i am going to allow players to trade points i am still thinking about this,

Also, would it be possible to implement some kind of abandoned claim thing, like if players have not logged in for 30/60/90 days, the claims can be removed either automatically or by admins, or added to a list for admins to sort through if it should be removed or not as there may be some buildings that we want to preserve. Even just having visible to admins something like "This plot was claimed on 01/01/23, owner last logged on 03/03/23." to help admins manage claims better would be helpful.

• This indeed could be a good idea, but i think removing claims automatically would be the wrong approach, this is due to some users building amazing things that could become reclaimed by another player, admins can already delete any area, so i think adding the date would be very helpful.

Edit: Also just noticed some typos, the bottom right on screen message in unclaimed areas says "Plot Owner=Not Clamed", and in unnamed areas it says "Area Name=Unknowin"

• Thanks for that, i will fix that tonight oO

2nd Edit: It would also be nice if the admin areas could be toggled to allow claiming so that an admin area can be setup to show as the town name, and players can claim plots within it.

• Well this could be more tricky, because i need a way to know what Admin area can have areas inside and what ones cannot, ill need to think about this, also the other problem is permissions, the admin area ATM overrides the plugin permissions so if they had a area inside a Admin Area then the permissions would be what ever the areas permissions are, having said that, if its just for naming towns i could give the Admin a town Area option, this would allow them to select a area that can be named but has zero permissions, ill look into this option.

3rd Edit: Noticed players don't get points back when they delete an area, is this intentional? The count of areas owned also does not update when an area is deleted. (Edit: Nvm, the area count updates when a player relogs. Not sure if points were refunded though...)

• yes this is intentional, this is to stop a player claiming doing damage deleting then claiming again and repeating, well they could just keep building and deleting new areas but each time they do that they need to wait for the points to build back up.
    • The count of areas should update, no matter what oO ill look into this, thanks again for pointing that out.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • we need a way to cycle through the friends we add to our properties. Remember we may want to add more then just 1 friend and if we want to remove a particular friend we need a way to find them.

Yes I'm going to add this 👍

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • One other request from players that might not be possible with the current API...the ability to set individual permissions with chests and doors. Some players might want to setup a public chest to give away items or something like that.

Also, the option to allow things to still be modifiable in unclaimed areas is needed quickly, players can't mine, chop trees, hunt animals or forage food in unclaimed areas currently which makes it difficult to do things on survival servers or be able to build roads and other public infrastructure.

Green Valleys - PvE Survival - Land Claims/Portals/SetHome - discord.gg/EQ6a9mb

• The default area protection can be used now and admin can set permissions in them as usual. With this , large areas can be set up for mining and lumber harvesting. I don't think individual permissions are able to be made in this plugin yet. Things will be changed in the future I am sure, but until then, these are possible workarounds.

Also, if you set an area with WP and then dig till you have removed 1 block outside your area and then step into it, you can set another area below your claim or to the side, to continue digging. This has been tested and it works.

On the other hand, if not owned areas are made workable, the reverse would be possible, you could stand outside an area and mine a short distance into claims. I am not sure witch way I prefer it.

• One other request from players that might not be possible with the current API...the ability to set individual permissions with chests and doors. Some players might want to setup a public chest to give away items or something like that.

ill look into this, it should be possible to add an option to make chests public,

Also, the option to allow things to still be modifiable in unclaimed areas is needed quickly, players can't mine, chop trees, hunt animals or forage food in unclaimed areas currently which makes it difficult to do things on survival servers or be able to build roads and other public infrastructure.

yes i understand the problem, however if you make a Admin area with every permission set needed to mine, cut trees and so on, this could be a good work around, you could name it a community area or mine or what ever.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • The default area protection can be used now and admin can set permissions in them as usual. With this , large areas can be set up for mining and lumber harvesting. I don't think individual permissions are able to be made in this plugin yet. Things will be changed in the future I am sure, but until then, these are possible workarounds.

Yes indeed that is right

Also, if you set an area with WP and then dig till you have removed 1 block outside your area and then step into it, you can set another area below your claim or to the side, to continue digging. This has been tested and it works.

yep that is also right

On the other hand, if not owned areas are made workable, the reverse would be possible, you could stand outside an area and mine a short distance into claims. I am not sure witch way I prefer it.

this is why the whole world is set as protected, because indeed it would be possible for players to smash anything inside a area by standing outside an area and smash or mine a short distance into claims

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Just to say, that I'm on Red Baron's server and have a large area, already built on. He put it into Admin, but removed that when I asked him to so that I can now claim and name my area. Which I've been doing successfully.

However, this is a big area (as many players areas are on his servers) and so far I've only been able to make 6 claims, which only cover one full house, part of another house and a farm plot. With the points going up each time (think its now 120 to the next claim) this is going to take a very long time.

Is there a way to allow the Admin on such servers to change the number of points accumulated by existing players so that they can claim their already built areas more quickly? A big ask, and I suspect the answer is no, but think this needs looking at.

Thank you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!