Hey folks! Another update is live, mainly doing some performance changes, especially reducing the memory consumption of the game. This should solve the "out of memory issues" some people are experiencing.
We also lowered the grass around plants, this should make it easier to find smaller plants like potatos, or strawberries. Apart from that, saplings from trees are also easier to spot now.
This update also introduces a new animal, a chicken, and of course you can get meat from it. By the way, you no longer have to kill sheeps to get wool, but can just shear them.
Last but not least there are some new decoration objects, like plant pots, as many people requested it Speaking of objects: You can now pickup most objects directly by holding your interaction key, so no more waste of resources when misplacing furniture for example.
Expect another small update within the next days.
Since this is more an "experimental" update (concerning some technical changes), please let us know if you still run into performance or memory issues.
- [New] New animal: chicken (you can also get meat from it)
- [New] New objects (decoration): seven different plant pots (plus variations), hunting trophies
- [New] You can shear sheeps now to get wool from them
- [New] Ability to pickup most objects (e.g furniture) by holding the interaction key
- [New] You can get antlers from mooses now (used to craft a hunting trophy)
- [Change] Reduced memory consumption of the game
- [Change] Saplings after cutting a tree are now much easier to spot in the grass (as long as "grass masking" is enabled in settings)
- [Change] Reduced grass height around plants, this should make it easier to find smaller plants
- [Change] Changed recipe for compass and clock, now craftable at workbench tier 1
- [Change] Removed slot numerations in chests
- [Change] Game starts faster now
- [Change] Did minor modifications to terraingeneration
- [Change] Increased amount of saplings you can get from a tree
- [Bugfix] Fixed audio issues in multiplayer
- [Bugfix] Tree logs no longer get "pushed away" when removing a treestump
- [Bugfix] Fixed wrong spawn of potatos, strawberries, lettuce and broccoli plants
- [Bugfix] Fixed game crash when "Worlds" folder contains invalid files/filenames
- [Bugfix] Fixed wrong lightcolors of lamp1
- [Bugfix] Fixed some minor typos
- [Bugfix] Fixed crash in some situations when aborting world loading procedure
- [Bugfix] Animals no longer get stuck on ferns and other small plants
- [Bugfix] Fixed issue which prevented you from using your tools in creative mode
- [Bugfix] Fixed audio output device not being set correctly when starting the game
- [Bugfix] Fixed issues when splitting stacks of objects or construction elements