Changelog 2015-11-11: Signs, grass replanting, more ores

• Hello Heiner_65
    Thanks for the attention, but I think he might be in trouble because I tried to make as informed and did not work, the only sign that appeared the name was this in the photo and see how it turns out.

• Thanks for the feedback :)

The only thing that gets me is the look of the text on the signs. Perhaps a more carved look or burned looked if it was wood and so forth.

More fonts are planned, but it has a low priority at the moment unfortunately ^^

1) signs do not work, I put text on sign then plant them, just get a plain board.

In some situations it seems that the text does not appear. It may happen in singleplayer as well as in multiplayer, I'm currently looking for this bug. As a workaround, reloading the world seems to fix the issue sometimes.

2)I go to place a blueprint and get fatal exception error that I attached. I also attached the error log from Rising World folder.

Yeah, unfortunately one of the last changes caused this issues. Once the issue with signs is fixed, a bugfix will be available (which - of course - also fixes the blueprint issue). Expect the bugfix either this evening or at the latest tomorrow :)

the only sign that appeared the name was this in the photo and see how it turns out.

This issue will also be fixed in the next update ;) It seems to happen to those small signs only (you are able to write 2 lines of text of it, but only 1 line of text was intended).

• the only sign that appeared the name was this in the photo and see how it turns out.
    This issue will also be fixed in the next update ;) It seems to happen to those small signs only (you are able to write 2 lines of text of it, but only 1 line of text was intended).

Hi Red
    This Board is the only one to write, any other card I can't even in two or more rows ... only that same and appeared as the photo, test was performed in dedicated server

• I get this crash after the conversion. I had to force it closed and once restarted it began the convert again.

Hmm... I'm sorry about that, especially since you spent so much time converting the map, without success :| According to the log, conversion was successful, but the "converted chunks" could not be stored in the MySQL database. It sounds like the MySQL connection got terminated, by default the MySQL timeout is set to 28800 seconds (8 hours), if I'm right, conversion took ~11 hours in your case =O
    You have two options now: Either you increase the timeout value for MySQL ( lucien.schuenke can say more about that) and try again (I'm not sure if the world is broken now or not, so eventually it may be necessary to use a backup), or you manually update the version number in your world database (go to "WorldInfos" and insert "0.6.2_23" into the "Version" field), but this leaves the world unconverted, i.e. rough chunk transitions. It's ugly, but can be fixed manually (digging is a little bit complicated, but WorldEdit is quite helpful. Maybe it's about time that we get the creative mode ready, it will be helpful in such a situation).

• Groovy I'll get started on that. Yes as about 11 hours.

Changed the time to 14 hours and restarted the conversion with fingers crossed. We shall be back up in 11 hours!

• I never said Red was doing a bad job , I have praised this game all over steam and to friends. Here you are Setting deadlines LOL :) That's a joke. Biomes will be done when its done , meanwhile, I have a few more new and upcoming things to check out . I wont be complaining about it any more :)

Yet you keep pushing him loads while telling him how to do is job :/ . Nice that you're praising the game for this game needs it, but I'm not setting deadlines as that was a half-joke & when I'm giving up on biome updates in a jestful manner. And yes, biomes shall be done when it's done so let's just leave Red51 be because I'm also pleased that he released this update when it should have been. Things were far too quiet that I'm happy we now have signs & weather vanes, among other things.

I'm even happy to hear that we're going to get fonts added onto signs, that shall be awesome. Hearing complaints though that people want to view their signs from all perspectives so I do hope something may be toyed with there? Maybe? I need to game to give my 2 cents. Alright, time to walk those 12.1 km to the biome update :)

• @ ArcticuKitsu and all who reply to or mention "Trillnar" lets not... Not say one word to him about him or anything... He is dead to us. Red does listen, he does work on the game and releases update and fixes when needed. Red fixed several things I mention about, did he have? No he did it because he wanted to. Red has to reply to this " " but we do not.

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

• Yet you keep pushing him loads while telling him how to do is job :/ . Nice that you're praising the game for this game needs it, but I'm not setting deadlines as that was a half-joke & when I'm giving up on biome updates in a jestful manner. And yes, biomes shall be done when it's done so let's just leave Red51 be because I'm also pleased that he released this update when it should have been. Things were far too quiet that I'm happy we now have signs & weather vanes, among other things.

I'm even happy to hear that we're going to get fonts added onto signs, that shall be awesome. Hearing complaints though that people want to view their signs from all perspectives so I do hope something may be toyed with there? Maybe? I need to game to give my 2 cents. Alright, time to walk those 12.1 km to the biome update :)

Artic , I was kidding you about the deadlines. Sorry if you misread it :)

• A bugfix is available, the major issues (invisible texts on signs, blueprint crash) should be fixed now :) Multiplayer servers also have to install the newest version.

• [Bugfix] Fixed missing text on signs in some situations
    • [Bugfix] Fixed crash when using blueprints containing a block
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong light calculation with inner ramp corner block
    • [Bugfix] Fixed problem with malformed umlauts
    • [Bugfix] Chat supports square brackets now as well as upper case umlauts
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong text position on some signs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!