Upcoming: New player models

• I'm still doing horrible with my patience, yet we have new information thanks to Red51.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/…1260#c1473096599330403479

As ArcticKitsu mentioned, old worlds will still be compatible after the update, so there's nothing to worry about :)

You'll be able to change the appearance of your character in the main menu (so your character will always look like this [on every world and every server]). However, this only covers the appearance of your body (male/female, skin color, hair cut etc), of course you can also change the clothes of your character (this will be done ingame, so it depends on the world/server you play on)

Yes, it will be available after the player models update ;)

• I really would like to know if we need feathers to craft arrows and some kind of leather-string for the bow. The same thing for the rifle and bullets... Maybe we able now to make gunpowder? And will there be leather and cotton-clothes? I dont want to wait anymore but I know my patience will be rewarded soon.

• Yeah! Don't speak for everyone :P

I'm super hyped, yeah. And sure, every day that I check, I feel a bit sad that it's not there. But in the end, I still have patience. I understand that the development process can be slow and difficult. I mean... it takes large development teams years to finish a game! Red51's already said that he's had to re-write tons of code for this update, and not only that, but he has to wait for freelance animators to finish work and changes (where the true bottleneck lies). So yeah. I still have plenty of patience, despite the hype.

Also... he's still doing better than Square is with Kingdom Hearts 3.

If I respond in German, sorry for bad grammar. I don't speak German, but I do speak Google Translate. The community seems too nice to stay away!

----

Wenn ich auf Deutsch antworte, entschuldige ich für jede schlechte Grammatik. Ich spreche kein Deutsch, aber ich spreche Google Translate. Die Gemeinde scheint zu schön, nicht zu bleiben!

• I can wait. Its hard to wait, but this is a one of a kind game, so its not problem. I love survival games, but I hate war and fighting. This is something where I can do what I want. So I wait to get good stuff, and not something what is made for too quickly.

• Just "September", and only "September"

Gotta wait for that announcement bubble to pop up on the forums that I'm hoping it'll pop up soon. Saw Red51 playing Rising World at 5-6 pm EST trying things out....Really getting tired of seeing trolls taking advantage of Red51's kindness and hard work because everything is 'silent', and such. Ungrateful.

• I really hope you are not calling me a TROLL or Ungrateful.... I was really just asking out of Curiosity ..... And i think we ARE allowed to ask about a game we have purchased and LOVE !!!! Not sure how to take your comment !!!!! ?(

• Oh, no no. He doesn't mean you at all. I've seen the people he's talking about. There's people going around in Steam putting up negative reviews calling the game abandonware and that it's never updated... even though it's very consistently updated. There's people also making topics like "WHY ISN'T THE GAME DONE YET?!?!?!?!?!" and whatnot. Those are the people he means.

If I respond in German, sorry for bad grammar. I don't speak German, but I do speak Google Translate. The community seems too nice to stay away!

----

Wenn ich auf Deutsch antworte, entschuldige ich für jede schlechte Grammatik. Ich spreche kein Deutsch, aber ich spreche Google Translate. Die Gemeinde scheint zu schön, nicht zu bleiben!

• There were two people on Discord who posted on in the 'Game suggestions' channel questioning why they bought a 'shitty' game. They laughed like a bunch of morons that they are, assuming they're so clever when mocking Rising World, comparing it to Rust & all that stuff. I wanted to read the whole chat log, yet it was purged so I couldn't make full sense of it. They left soon after once both Botchikii & rock0head132 intervened on there. I was too busy at work to do anything, yet glanced at it at 6 am & around 1 pm.

The negative reviews also taking advantage of the silence that people want their 5 seconds of fame. It's silly, and they should indeed feel embarrassed about it, something they won't.

• There's an official Discord for Rising World? Where could I find this?

----

• There were two people on Discord who posted on in the 'Game suggestions' channel questioning why they bought a 'shitty' game. They laughed like a bunch of morons that they are, assuming they're so clever when mocking Rising World, comparing it to Rust & all that stuff. I wanted to read the whole chat log, yet it was purged so I couldn't make full sense of it. They left soon after once both Botchikii & rock0head132 intervened on there. I was too busy at work to do anything, yet glanced at it at 6 am & around 1 pm.

The negative reviews also taking advantage of the silence that people want their 5 seconds of fame. It's silly, and they should indeed feel embarrassed about it, something they won't.

Best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them.

• Wise words.

Also, it appears I did Vortac a nice unexpected favour by reviving the 'Unofficial' Rising World discord with a few people taking a peak. If anybody has a 'roleplay' server may, or any other servers, may want to hit up the Servers channel on there.

Also, I just realized it's now September 15th without really noting the days. It's just flying, yet to prevent trolls from claiming Red51 lied in their negative reviews I'm now curious when it's coming. There's usually a few days heads up before we gain updates that I'm now assuming we may get an early October release. I'd laugh if Red51 did a stealth update without the forum blue banner to troll us in return. :whistling:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!