Changelog 2019-03-12: New npcs, better AI, modded items

• And the time period between "cooked" and "burned" is very small.

I have to agree with this. The period between cooked and burnt is too short imo.

There is however a plugin written that works as a timer for this, but unfortunately like you said @LordFoobar if you're playing on a MP server you have no control over this.

• And when will it be possible to load their models into the game?
    What formats will the model installer support? What restrictions will be? What is the maximum number of polygons? Will it be a separate program? Where can I download it? Will it be possible to prescribe animations to these models? (For example, a door function).

• how to add item and custom music ? ?(

Still waiting on Red51 to share the example plugins with us so I can start diving deep into items & sound side of things. He's a busy guy so I don't want to rush him, but I'm also as curious as you are. There's many anime things I'm wanting to add, some candy related; I'm wanting to keep alive in Rising World. I'm being patient here waiting for when the time is right to mess about with these items :D

• I was playing on someone else's server, and there was no one around. I actually have no idea what the timeout is/was. I still find it cheap to have the inventory lost. Anyway. Perhaps this is out of your control, but still pisses me off, and does not encourage me to launch the game to waste my time like this.

Unfortunately it's up to the server admin to decide which despawn time he uses or whether or not players should keep their inventories upon death. We can't enforce any rules... the server files are available for free and basically everyone can host a server. Even if a server admin sets the spawn for new players in hell right above lava (so you constantly die if you join the server or everytime you respawn), that's extremely annoying (and obviously that's a bad server), but ultimately it's the decision of the server owner...

If you want full control, you either have to run your own server, or play singleplayer / LAN / P2P :|

I was cooking some meat and there are absolutely NO WAY to tell if the meat is ready, but to look at it until it is cooked. And the time period between "cooked" and "burned" is very small

It's true that the period between "cooked" and "burned" is very small. Originally it was actually intended that cooking meat shouldn't be too easy, since cooked meat restores more hunger and also more health than other foods. It's still not perfect and needs more fine tuning, that's definitely on our to-do-list, but we haven't touched the cooking part in a long time.

And when will it be possible to load their models into the game?

Loading models into the game is already possible through the Plugin API: https://javadoc.rising-world.n…lements/World3DModel.html
    However, we will release a few example plugins shortly which allow you to load custom items and models without having to write a plugin for that ;)

What formats will the model installer support? What restrictions will be? What is the maximum number of polygons? Will it be a separate program? Where can I download it? Will it be possible to prescribe animations to these models? (For example, a door function).

Main format is wavefront .obj, but there is also experimental .fbx and .blend support. When it comes to the textures, we highly recommend to use DDS textures (but jpg/png are also supported).

There is no hard-coded maximum number of polygons, but the more polygons, the bigger the impact on performance. It really depends on what you're planning to do. I'd recommend to keep the polygon count as low as possible. If you want to create a new item or object, I'd recommend to keep the number of triangles (not quads!) under 10k

To create a model, you can use any modeling software you want, e.g. Blender (available for free), Cinema4D, Maya, 3DS Max etc.

Currently you can't load animations unfortunately...

how to add item and custom music ?

If you want to load a custom item, you can check out this class. For custom sounds, check out this one.
    However, there will be a few example plugins available very soon (including a custom item loader and a "jukebox" plugin) which allow you to load custom items (and play custom music) without having to write a single line of code ^^ The example plugins are almost ready.

• red51 it would not be bad to have some educational videos, so that you can understand approximately how the API plugin works. At least on the simplest example, then to try to repeat these actions yourself.
    PS I look forward to the plugin loader))) I really hope that in addition to weapons you can upload for example chairs, statues, plants, stones, blocks and so on. This will be possible?
    PSS still wanted to ask, and you can insert your downloaded objects and music on other servers? Or will it work only in a single and on its own server?

I would like to by the way so that in the loader there was an opportunity (in the future) to add a texture to an object existing in the game. So that you can make a block or bar with your own texture, to permanently close the problem with a small amount of textures or replace them with more detailed ones. It would not be bad in the loader to indicate the type of the object, so that if you specify the "plant", it will be in the game reeling from the wind and so on.
    Thanks for the update. It remains only to see mechanisms in the game, electricity, interaction with NPC and the machine. And the game will be just perfect.

• I am noticing that my npcs are moving around when I log on my server but the name tags placed by ABM are separating from the animals when they walk away. Also all the NPC dummies and my owned animals seem to be reappearing where they were spawned or born every time I log into the server weather they are leashed or not. When the animals walk away from there names, you can not feed them any more. These are recent developments since the last few updates. Am not shure I should report this here so am also reporting in ABM thread.

I just tried on my test server and all seems to be working although it is jerky. This may be related to lag.

I tested again and the names are now moving with the animals as did on the lan server so this problem is probably lag related but all animals and npc dummies return back to there original spawn spot, or as in the case of animals, they return to there birth spot every time I log off the server and back on. on both lan and my rented server.

1 more observation is that if I stand in the midle of the npcs and log out and back in they will have changed places where they appear but if I had loged out of there view. They would have appeared where I had spawned them. This is odd.

this is strainge, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't

things seem to be working properly now, I don't know how to explain it. Sorry for the bother.

• This is a follow on from sharkbitefisher post ( Rosalia server) relating to the npc/animals not sure to post here or the ABM plugin so will post in both.

I have included 2 screen shots looking at a goat but with no name above it, and the second one which i have turned about 15 - 25 degrees but now shows the name.

Im guessing its more the plugin that is causing the trouble??

Logging out does fix the problem, but the problem still exists on random

• Yeaaaaahhhh....... Bandits are being a little bit weird for me, unless I'm aiming at them weirdly. Their path-finding is indeed wonky with them being unable to get around ponds and ravines to get to me. Same with animals. I can't even kill bandits properly with a rifle (repeater) with muskets being far more reliable here. Happy with what we have, just a little more polishing hmm.

Loving what we have though.

• red51 it would not be bad to have some educational videos, so that you can understand approximately how the API plugin works. At least on the simplest example, then to try to repeat these actions yourself.

Well, basically the API requires at least some basic programming knowledge. The documentation should be a good starting point: https://javadoc.rising-world.net/
    A bunch of example plugins should be ready shortly, they can give a good impression about how various things work in the API ;)

I really hope that in addition to weapons you can upload for example chairs, statues, plants, stones, blocks and so on. This will be possible?

Unfortunately you cannot add new blocks or plants through the API atm... and when it comes to furniture, there is at least no convenient function to create custom furniture, e.g. a working lamp or a working bed (although you can load your own 3d models).

PSS still wanted to ask, and you can insert your downloaded objects and music on other servers? Or will it work only in a single and on its own server?

It's up to the admin to decide which plugins he installs. Plugins are always running "server side", so if you join a server, you cannot use or upload your own plugins (otherwise that feature could be easily abused), instead you can only use the plugins which are installed on the server.

I am noticing that my npcs are moving around when I log on my server but the name tags placed by ABM are separating from the animals when they walk away

Hmm... this seems to be a result of the new way how npcs are handled (sync is now interpolated on the client, instead of on the server). I'll see if we can minimize the problem.

While the NPC logic has greatly improved it does not seem to account for player mining underneath it thus removing any path to travel, including straight down.

That's strange =O Maybe the ground was too far away for that chicken (in order to minimize the "falling through ground" issue there are a few specific situations which prevents an npc from falling down)... I will check out what's going on there ;)

I can't even kill bandits properly with a rifle (repeater) with muskets being far more reliable here

Actually the repeater is supposed to be much more accurate than the musket... maybe there was some sort of desync going on in this particular case? I'll take a closer look at the problem^^

• We just released another hotfix (0.9.5.6). It fixes a few bugs and introduces a few new block textures :saint: It's necessary to update multiplayer servers for this update accordingly.

Changelog 2019-04-04 (0.9.5.6):

• [New] Snow, coal and hellstone is now available as block texture
    • [New] Added setting to config file to disable "grain" on block textures
    • [Change] "Grain" is disabled automatically for natural block textures (dirt, sand etc)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed inventory not being saved properly if it contained too many items
    • [Bugfix] Players no longer spawn up in the sky when respawning after quitting the game
  • [New] Snow, coal and hellstone is now available as block texture

Awesome! The snow, coal, and hellstone are a neat little addition. I also tried out a few of the plugins having fun experimenting with them. The Jukebox was nice, as with the position plugin. Made use of the baseball bat. I however am having issues with the potato gun & backpack. It reads them but it won't really select the backpack in the menu; It won't show the model of the potato gun.

Also wishing the potato gun worked by feeding potato into the gun by putting potatoes in the ammo slot. :whistling:

• The examples are working fine for me? ... Thanks for the update Red

Yeah, I'm honestly baffled because it was the simplest of things to do... Download, export, upload onto NItrado, restart server, run Rising World, and PLay... That's it! Was I supposed to choose the 'Source' zip? It reads both the things, but refuses to do proper things with it. Backpack isn't craftable (though it's there with glitchy preview), and potato gun is invisible.

WHy do I honestly have to have these simple errors? ?(:huh: I'll just see what tomorrow brings......... Fresh mind, and everything. However thankful for the plugins we gained though.

• Just logged into my normal server and was just wondering about when all of a sudden about 40 npc's spawned in in one place they killed my horse , also I cant search or hide any of them only get the option to ;

This seems to have just happened after the update not sure if its server related or what, but i have posted on our discord

• well the horde of bandits may have been my fault. I have been populating bandit on my server in barren places and I tried to spread them out but it didn't take it seems. This is the movement of the npc not being recorded to the server I was trying to explain earlier. as far as the bandits not being raidable, I am having no problem with looting the bandits on the server. It may be caused by how many bandits were killed or something. I will look into this and see what I can find out.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!