First playable version now available!

• Yeah, Red51 noted there'll be a 'one world ocean' biome with islands behaving like varying types of continents of all sizes.... Big, small, and all sorts. With this in mind I guess Red51's concept of how boats should behave may actually be put into practice now. If he wants to explain it I'll leave it for him because I can't recall if it was a private or public concept. Boats will behave differently.

As for boats......

Various boats, including small rowboats and big sailing ships (as well as some modern vessels). Bigger vessels will be customizable to a certain degree.

It has me curious what sort of 'modern' vessels we shall gain. If we get something along the lines of an S.S Nomadic type boat I'd be happy. Its the right size to go through big rivers, a place to live, and a place to store your goods. Even hold crafting stations. If it has any built in then that be even better. If its modern fishing boats, tug boats or whatever then that would be fine. I hope Red51 gets access to a good source of boats.

Red, Will it be possible to craft windmills and water mills for generating electricity and processing grain into flour, for example?

I know you want to hear from Red51, and you shall. I just want to note this is planned (or was planned in Java). Windmills would be cool, as with river types. They were supposed to come with the electricity update for Java. After the basics are applied to Unity version I'm certain we'll obtain these.

• I love the large Island/continent kind of idea for worlds, it sounds like it will give much more realistic and unique terrain, and also remove those ugly instantaneous biome transitions. Will all islands be a similar size? Or will we get a more realistic world with some variation, some large continent like islands, with some smaller islands just off the coast?

Our world generator (which isn't fully ready yet though) is basically capable of generating islands with various sizes - from quite small islands (around 128x128 blocks in size), to big islands (up to 8000x8000 blocks). Our default world generator will mostly generate big islands, and sometimes groups of smaller islands. We're also thinking about having an option for players to determine the types of islands they want (rather big or rather small islands) when creating a new world, but unfortunately I can't give any guarantees about that yet. As said, the world generator isn't fully ready yet, but I can probably share more information about that in the next few months :)

Also have you ever thought about adding rivers to world generation? I feel rivers are a big missing component of our worlds, we have oceans, lakes, mountains, plains, forests etc, I think adding rivers would make a finishing touch to world generation. Rivers are one of the important terrain features for building, as evidenced by the fact pretty much every major city on earth was built on one.

Rivers would be a nice feature, and we have some plans for them, however, generating rivers in a procedurally generated voxel world is always a bit tricky. We want to focus on a few other things first before adding rivers to the game.

And i hope the ai in the new version will be good like in red dead redemption 2 here for a exemple

Well, unfortunately you won't get the same level of detail in RW as in RDR2 :| Implementing such an AI is a matter of time (and manpower) - the more time (and/or manpower) you have, the more you can spend working on details like that. So in this regard, I'm afraid we can't compete with a AAA studio... I'd love to get this level of detail, but then we would spend years solely working on NPCs :dizzy:

When it comes to NPCs, our main priority is to get them working first (more or less like in the Java version, although the new version will definitely introduce some improvements in this regard). So we first have to focus on features which actually affect gameplay. Once everything is working, we could further improve it in the long run ^^

Are you planning a lot of furniture, clothes, animals like cats, dogs, birds in the game? Cooking ..?

Yes, these things are planned ;)

Red, Will it be possible to craft windmills and water mills for generating electricity and processing grain into flour, for example?

I can't get too much into detail about these things yet, but once electricity is implemented, there will be various power sources.

It has me curious what sort of 'modern' vessels we shall gain. If we get something along the lines of an S.S Nomadic type boat I'd be happy. Its the right size to go through big rivers, a place to live, and a place to store your goods. Even hold crafting stations. If it has any built in then that be even better. If its modern fishing boats, tug boats or whatever then that would be fine. I hope Red51 gets access to a good source of boats.

Unfortunately we don't have any modern vessels yet (except the RIB which was also available in the Java version), but more vessels are definitely planned :)

• Thank you ArcticuKitsu =)

• are we going to be seeing updates on the December playable version or will there be a main playable version not part of the Dec version?

just getting itchy to start tinkering ;)

• are we going to be seeing updates on the December playable version or will there be a main playable version not part of the Dec version?

just getting itchy to start tinkering ;)

An update of the new version is supposed to come out this month where you can build first structures.

• I'm sure this would be a lot of work but, it would be cool if you could choose your own time period. Like Jurassic days with dinosaurs, thick vegetation and volcanos, Ancient Egypt days with lots of sand and lots of NPC dummies' to work for you, Medieval times to pre industrial to bronze age, etc. to modern times. the crafting tables would be set up for those particular time periods. I'm still hoping you will throw in a random big foot or yeti somewhere :)

• I'm sure this would be a lot of work but, it would be cool if you could choose your own time period. Like Jurassic days with dinosaurs, thick vegetation and volcanos, Ancient Egypt days with lots of sand and lots of NPC dummies' to work for you, Medieval times to pre industrial to bronze age, etc. to modern times. the crafting tables would be set up for those particular time periods. I'm still hoping you will throw in a random big foot or yeti somewhere :)

not sure about selecting only certain biomes (even though that would be cool) but as for allowing only certain work benches fitting for a certain era - that will be possible :)

• Red, what kind of transport is already ready in the game and what kind of transport are in the plans?

You mean the new version? Right now there is unfortunately no transportation implemented, but it's still planned ;)

What’s the progress for the update? red51

The update will be ready in April, in other words, it will be available within the next three weeks :D

• I kind of hope world generation is released with multiplayer, because I would assume most servers would need to be wiped for the new world generation anyway. Unless the earlier release is more for testing purposes.

Edit: from Reds previous posts I guess multiplayer is coming first. I guess we can make some early test servers to play with friends

• Unfortunately we don't have any modern vessels yet (except the RIB which was also available in the Java version), but more vessels are definitely planned :)

Sorry, gonna quote this again because while watching a documentary I came across another potential vessel we could have, IF we get that far down the line for the Rising World 'modern' era. Various ship types.

SS Nomadic is one I shared a few times. If not that, what about 'S.S Princess Sophia' size/type of ship. She sunk in Alaska while having a the right size of both Minecraft & Rising World's complexities.

https://www.sheldonmuseum.org/vignette/shipwrecks/

If we go off "small", they could technically fit in the Danube, or so I would assume. Once again, I guess we'll wait and see to see what we get in the end. :monocle:

(Building update first, and every other core update.)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!