Update 0.5: World generation

• Another old, but still existing bug - construction elements can fall below ground after breaking, in survival this means resource loosing.

Context - element drops, but drop spawns below ground and it falls below world.

Is it possible to check if drop is inside terrain and not apply physics in that case?

• Thanks a lot for your feedback :) :thumbup:

Another bug - torches attached to natural wall will be destroyed if any terrain block will be updated (broken)

This seems to be indeed an issue... I will have to take a closer look at this issue!

- Picking up stone makes the breaking sound effect. Needs to be changed to 'pickup' sound.

Yeah, it would be indeed better if we use another sound for that :saint:

- A tree spawned as a duplicate (once). Never happened again.

Hehe, well, this is actually a separate tree type :D We wanted to have such a tree in the game (because this also spawns IRL sometimes), but it looks a bit odd though when cutting down the tree^^

Is winter planned as a season in the game? If so, the question is, will the water freeze in winter? Will there be ice in winter?

Yes, winter is planned :) Not sure about the water though, I agree this would be a great feature, but it could also introduce some issue (due to the vast amount of water in the world that would be updated for this)... we'll have to think about this :D

One more bug - there are certain angles/places when breaking stone with pickaxe is infinity

Do you actually get some stone when trying this?

Maybe it is a Linux thing, I'm on MX with a Radeon RX570.

It seems to happen a bit more frequently on Linux, but it also happens on Windows so far. It's a bit tricky to find out what's causing this, and it doesn't happen on my machine (which makes it harder to track this issue)...

But I'll try to fix this issue ASAP!

red51 there is a bug with the name tags, I've noticed the actual tag and the player do not always match up.

Oh, could you elaborate on that? :wat:

but when I tried to fly (F2) in survival world I fell through the world and couldn't fly up again it happened before in demo world I don't know what could it be

That's weird... so enabling fly mode actually caused the player to fall through the ground? =O Does it still happen if you load the world again?

This is an old bug, but it still exists - if you will change shape of the stack it will have old shape in inventory. This bug don't always happen, but it is very frequent

Hmm... does it also happen if you delete the cache folder in the game directory (in the _New Version subfolder)?

Context - element drops, but drop spawns below ground and it falls below world.

This bug was supposed to be fixed :wat: Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I will take a closer look at this!

• Oh, could you elaborate on that?

There was just myself and another player online, say player x, when I found player x in-game the name tag over the player actually had a the name of player b who had disconnected earlier.

When player c then joined, player x's name tag then change (right before me) to players c's name tag.

Just as they might be useful to you I'm going to send all the server logs over so far.

• Thanks red51 , it's awesome.

I noticed 2 bugs, the one already reported about missing water squares (but you can actually swim in them!) and also, sometimes (1/5 of the times perhaps) when you are mining, the initial axe/pickaxe makes the sound, and the sound for the stones falling sounds, but no stone is gathered nor the soil is distorted. If you keep mining the exact same point this keeps happening. You need to move a bit to "fix it" until at some point it happens again.

Cheers!

• Do you actually get some stone when trying this?

No, it just infinity plays animation of pickaxe hitting stone with sound and particles (you can stop it in any moment, it will just never break stone). I found this bug only once, and I'm not sure what can cause it and is it even possible to replicate it.

Hmm... does it also happen if you delete the cache folder in the game directory (in the _New Version subfolder)?

I completely reinstalled game as steam didn't load all its files correctly (one of crash reasons), so it was a clean test (without caches).

I deleted them again, launched game and tested stack changes, bug is present even with clean caches

• There was just myself and another player online, say player x, when I found player x in-game the name tag over the player actually had a the name of player b who had disconnected earlier.

That's weird :wat: Thanks for the log, I will take a closer look at this issue!

sometimes (1/5 of the times perhaps) when you are mining, the initial axe/pickaxe makes the sound, and the sound for the stones falling sounds, but no stone is gathered nor the soil is distorted. If you keep mining the exact same point this keeps happening. You need to move a bit to "fix it" until at some point it happens again.

Yeah, this seems to be a bug :thinking: I will look into this issue!

I deleted them again, launched game and tested stack changes, bug is present even with clean caches

Thanks for testing this, I will try to fix this issue ASAP :)

• A small hotfix is now available btw. It fixes some issues regarding boats and the smoothing tools. This update is also available for the dedicated server.

We're still working on a fix for the water issue (water patches sometimes disappearing).

If you still experience download problems through Steam, please let us know!

Hotfix 2022-11-01:

• [Bugfix] Fixed crash when trying to place a rowboat
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong orientation of boats when placing them
    • [Bugfix] Fixed seed not being used on dedicated servers (when creating a world)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed crash when playing multiplayer (Steam P2P) with more than 2 players
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issues with smoothing tool and rake
    • [Bugfix] Fixed some typos
  • Looks like eating tomatoes does not heal you.

Yeah, some food like tomatoes, lettuces or chili don't heal you... it's our intention to change how healing works, so health only regenerates after some time. We will reconsider to change that ^^

I have created new world and that seems to fixed the problem ;) if it happens again I will let you know :thumbup:

I'm glad to hear it works now! :)

• I tried the new version on my old notebook with quadro k1100m graphic card. It has only 2 GB VRAM, running on Linux with nvidia 470 driver.

I can see menu, I can see Gui in game, but the world itself is not rendered, it is all white.

Is it the issue with unity and vram, or?

What can I try to make it work?

• Hehe, well, this is actually a separate tree type :D We wanted to have such a tree in the game (because this also spawns IRL sometimes), but it looks a bit odd though when cutting down the tree^^

I see it's intentional, and I hope it stays that way. I'm now fond of it now that I know what's up.

I know you said you'd wait on the Steam Deck stuff, I however wish I could switch over to my Steam Deck at times. I believe (from my perspective) that it simply requires cloud saving to transfer over onto the Steam Deck (or between computers). I think I'm gonna have to host a Nitrado server even if it's just for myself. Otherwise, I'm loving this update so much. Good work, I'm loving this update though. I'm trying to settle in.

Thanks for letting me know in the other thread you'll balance out the iron ore spawning. It's just the surface one that matters the most.

-------

When hitting 'max' button in crafting I wish it would go to what is available in your inventory. The max should be the max you're able to craft.

• I tried the new version on my old notebook with quadro k1100m graphic card. It has only 2 GB VRAM, running on Linux with nvidia 470 driver.

Hmm... it's difficult to say what's causing this issue exactly... we've seen a similar issue on our GT 1030 graphics card on Linux if the resolution scale (in the graphics setting) is set to a value lower than 100%...

But I'm afraid this could be a driver issue :| Unfortunately the Quadro K1100m does not meet the minimum requirements of the game, so even if this issue could be solved, I'm afraid the game would still be unplayable :(

I know you said you'd wait on the Steam Deck stuff, I however wish I could switch over to my Steam Deck at times. I believe (from my perspective) that it simply requires cloud saving to transfer over onto the Steam Deck (or between computers).

Yeah, cloud saving is indeed needed for this. I'm not sure if we get it ready before the NPC update, but it's still on our to-do list :)

• Another small hotfix is now available btw! It hopefully fixes the hard crash during startup some people were experiencing (which could only be fixed by reinstalling the game). However, if you still run into this issue (or if you run into any other issues), please let us know!

Hotfix 2022-11-01:

• [Change] Crafting count is set to 1 when selecting a different recipe (except for construction elements)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed hard crash when launching the game, which could only be fixed by reinstalling the game (need feedback)
  • Reinstalling the game plus deleting the game folder does fix the crashing issue at JIW logo screen.

My follow up issue is I don't see any water in the old worlds that I backup from previous install. Is it fixable or should I blueprint everything and transfer to new world?

Thank you!

• But I'm afraid this could be a driver issue :| Unfortunately the Quadro K1100m does not meet the minimum requirements of the game, so even if this issue could be solved, I'm afraid the game would still be unplayable :(

This is, what I was afraid of. Java version runs still great and my son loves it anyway.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!