Update 0.5: World generation

• edit admin.json in permissions folder and add: "watertools": true (being careful to keep the same syntax as other entries)

save the changes (save the modified admin.json)

note: the watertools entry is not listed, but can be added.

note: in server.properties file, make sure it is set to: Permissions_AdminsFullPermissions=False (otherwise your admin group permission change will not be used if your steam UID is added to server.properties as admin)

Once done, either reboot the server OR open console and enter command reloadpermissions

red51 - as with java version, if Permissions_AdminsFullPermissions=True, full permissions are not actually used and bypasses any entries you make to your admin group.

Galochka I attached the admin.json file I edited to include watertools and other commands that are not listed in the example file for reference

Files

• admin.json

(3.19 kB, downloaded 96 times, last: )

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

Edited once, last by Juggernaut ().

• Thank you very much for your help. Everything worked out for me (I always had problems with permissions), I wrote to the permissions "Creative", Creative_watertools=true:D and it didn’t work for obvious reasons. You helped me a lot, I don't know how to thank you. Thank you:*

• To be honest, this is happening to me underground in a high mountainarea as well

I can confirm that mountains (at least the tall mountains) are suffering from the same issue :/

But this will be fixed with the next update (this will also be fixed retroactively in existing worlds) ;)

red51 - as with java version, if Permissions_AdminsFullPermissions=True, full permissions are not actually used and bypasses any entries you make to your admin group.

Yes, basically the "admin" group is not related to the regular server admin permission. Basically the "admin" group is just a random group which is called "admin" ^^ It's intentional, but I admit that this is a bit confusing... maybe it's better that if there is a group that's called "admin", it will automtically override server admin permissions? :thinking:

• Yes, basically the "admin" group is not related to the regular server admin permission. Basically the "admin" group is just a random group which is called "admin" ^^ It's intentional, but I admit that this is a bit confusing... maybe it's better that if there is a group that's called "admin", it will automtically override server admin permissions? :thinking:

well, it's usually just the server owner who adds their UID to server.properties as admin ... what confused me initially was the server permission itself, "Permissions_AdminsFullPermissions" ... you think if that were true, ALL commands would work, but they do not. Some commands (and permissions) can only be enabled in a separate admin group (e.g. watertools) in which case regular server admin permission needs to be set to false. I think it would be best if all server (and in game) admin permissions and commands are enabled if their UID (steam or standalone) is added to server.properties as admin and Permissions_AdminsFullPermissions=true

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

Edited 2 times, last by Juggernaut ().

• Hello. Red, maybe I missed a thread somewhere where they discuss the tools in the game (paint on the block).

The roller paints the entire block, while the brush should paint parts of the block individually. Is it possible to implement this?

This would be handy for indoor refurbishment/refurbishment + less detail on the inside of the building.

• you think if that were true, ALL commands would work, but they do not. Some commands (and permissions) can only be enabled in a separate admin group (e.g. watertools) in which case regular server admin permission needs to be set to false

Oh, basically it is intended that actual admins can always use all commands and also have access to all tools :wat: Which commands didn't work exactly?

Hello. After updating the NPC, will we need to create a new world? Should we make a vape on the server?

No need to create a new world, animals will just spawn in all chunks which haven't been modified (similar to how it worked in the Java version) ;)

The roller paints the entire block, while the brush should paint parts of the block individually. Is it possible to implement this?

You mean a way to paint each side of a block individually? This is actually on our to-do list :)

• Oh, basically it is intended that actual admins can always use all commands and also have access to all tools :wat: Which commands didn't work exactly?

No need to create a new world, animals will just spawn in all chunks which haven't been modified (similar to how it worked in the Java version) ;)

You mean a way to paint each side of a block individually? This is actually on our to-do list :)

YEs. Thanks Red

• Hello red51,

I presume you are busy with the next NPC Update, and you got all my support :thumbup:

I'm so enthusiastic :)

Can I ask for, maybe getting some kind of teasing (like few animal pics or a very short anim. footage?) ( even maybe some piece of claws crab ?! :wow: ).

Just to get some mouth-watering... :drooling:^^ *waituntil*

Danke schön und behalte die gute arbeit bei :):thumbup:

• A very small bug - sometimes normals on construction elements can be inverted (right part)

Sorry for my late response, I missed that post for some reason :wat: However, are these just blocks? Or is it a different element on the right side (e.g. the backface of a slope or something like that)? Was the element flipped/mirrored?

Hello. And when is it planned to introduce seasons in the game?

Unfortunately we have no ETA for that yet... there is quite some work involved to add full-fledged seasons, but it's still on our to-do list ;)

However, we'll add at least naturally occurring snowfall (similar to a short winter season) in the near future^^

Can I ask for, maybe getting some kind of teasing (like few animal pics or a very short anim. footage?) ( even maybe some piece of claws crab ?! :wow: ).

We don't have any screenshots yet (because the animal models aren't fully ready yet), but once the first animals are in the game, we'll definitely share some screenshots ^^

• Sorry for my late response, I missed that post for some reason :wat: However, are these just blocks? Or is it a different element on the right side (e.g. the backface of a slope or something like that)? Was the element flipped/mirrored?

These were individual blocks without mirroring, but probably with some rotations. Both surfaces are from stretched cubes. I'm not sure but probably if element is rotated or scaled with certain values it will get inverted normal

Another screenshot:

• We don't have any screenshots yet (because the animal models aren't fully ready yet), but once the first animals are in the game, we'll definitely share some screenshots ^^

Well, thank you so much for the sharing !! They are beatiful, specially hens, they are so realistic and well done :wow:

animals3.jpg

For those that didn't see it yet :

animals4.jpg

animals1.jpg

mounts1.jpg

animals2.jpg

Thank you red51 keep it up :thumbup:

• looks great!! It would be hilarious if you added a special behavior for the male sheep (Ram) -- make them randomly charge/butt players if they are near females. :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!