Hey folks! Another update is available. It gives server owners the ability to create custom pages in the journal. This may be useful if you want to put the server rules there, or any other information regarding the server. Find an example xml file here (just extract it into your main server directory).
This update also introduces modular scaffolding objects, as well as two new items: A bucket (which can be used to place water in the world) as well as a canteen (if you want to drink water while traveling).
Apart from that there is an experimental command to find your base - in case you get lost. If it works well, it will be added to the creative mode. However, it's still recommendable to build a bed at your base and sleep in it (so you will always respawn there, and the compass can also lead you to that position then).
Last but not least this update contains several changes as well as bugfixes. Check out the changelog to get an overview of all changes.
We are also working on dungeons at the moment, probably a few preview screenshots will be available soon.
- [New] Server admins can add custom pages to the journal ("server notes")
- [New] New item: bucket, can be used to collect and place water
- [New] New item: canteen, can be used to drink water
- [New] New object: Scaffolding
- [New] Added experimental console command "findbase" to find your base coordinates (singleplayer only)
- [New] Added preview grid when placing dirt or stone etc, it's also possible to move the grid with your arrow keys
- [New] Added help screen (F1) when filling up terrain
- [New] Added player whitelist and blacklist feature for multiplayer servers
- [New] Added "savep", "saver" and "savel" commands to permanently save current setp/setr/setl values (also reset-commands to reset values)
- [New] Added "technical" smoke object to create artificial smoke (don't place too many of them)
- [Change] Changed night sky (no longer blurred)
- [Bugfix] Water is no longer invisible when it's behind a transparent object
- [Bugfix] Fixed particles being invisible when in front of water
- [Bugfix] Fixed sound distance of sledgehammer
- [Bugfix] Fixed issues with Steamworks not being initialized correctly
- [Bugfix] Fixed "dummy world folders" being created when joining a multiplayer server
- [Bugfix] Fixed rare crash when placing construction elements
- [Bugfix] Fixed movement issue with blueprints
- [Bugfix] Fixed wrong memory arguments on Linux
- [Bugfix] Fixed LWJGL issue ("no display modes found") on Linux/Fedora
- [Change] Adjusted collision of scaffoldings (ramps)
- [Change] Lua terrain edit function now also accepts water id
- [Bugfix] Fixed issue with wrong object and construction placement (being unable to remove or interact with them)
- [Bugfix] Fixed issues with custom journal not being loaded properly in multiplayer
- [Bugfix] Fixed missing messages when being kicked from a server