I had to try it in creative mode just to see how these horses handle, and I love them. Waiting to play survival where the real fun shall begin, yet these are just my "quick thoughts".
- I love how fast they are, and even faster when you hold shift to make them run. I see they don't have stamina on them.
- Horses "whine" too much/too frequently, yet have neat sounds otherwise. (Someone noted this and I agree with them)
- Saddles being slapped onto the horses is a nice touch. Same with how you can add the 24 slot saddle bag to carry additional cargo with you, something Minecraft now needs to learn from. 12 & 12, but it's 24 for simplicity sake.
- Love how weighted horses weigh in game that they can also jump. However curious if they should jump slightly higher or if that height is intentional. Love how it "feels" when you ride a horse in the walking pace. Feels proper.
- My major issue with horses is that they need some sort of "auto-run" similar to 'Skyrim' & 'Mound & Blade: Warband' where the former you press the 'V' button to toggle such while the latter you simply tap W or S to toggle pace up and down. For now it's fine, yet during travels it helps when you can type to someone without stopping, among other things.
- You can't interact with objects when mounted, yet saw that it'll be changed later that I'm fine with this for "now". I'm satisfied with what we have now that it's more than enough.
- Horses need to be able to "back up" by being able to walk backwards.
- I'm amused by the riding helmet that it adds a nice touch
(Haven't tried camels or donkeys; May get around to seeing how they tick later on.)
Took a quick peak at the telescope that I'm loving it. It's a nice touch. I'll play with the rest tomorrow, yet what we have now is more than enough Thank you, Red51! I'm overly happy that I can finally build my projects some more with horses in mind.