Status Update: Getting closer to the new version

• HI Red51 will this work on VR? I have an oculus quest 2 coming 13th of october. Would love 2 play this on VR

I would like to hear this as well for Valve Index, though won't get my hopes up. Its still a demo (early access type thing) so it might not have it.

Also, belated +1 to Red51 for all the hard work he has been doing, even if it sound generic and overstated. I'm just hoping I'll have the chance to play this as it matures and evolves once more. I hope we can play it to where the Java version reached, and beyond.

Weather had been noted a few times so I hope we get to see something other than snow, rain, and fog, though will gladly take fog since Minecraft removed it for Mojang oddity reasons.

• HI Red51 will this work on VR?

Unfortunately the demo has no support for VR yet :| VR-support is on our to-do list, but has a low priority atm. It's something we will tackle once the new version is a bit more fleshed out ;)

Also, belated +1 to Red51 for all the hard work he has been doing, even if it sound generic and overstated. I'm just hoping I'll have the chance to play this as it matures and evolves once more. I hope we can play it to where the Java version reached, and beyond.

Weather had been noted a few times so I hope we get to see something other than snow, rain, and fog, though will gladly take fog since Minecraft removed it for Mojang oddity reasons.

Thanks for your kind words :) About weather: The demo will just have some rather "basic" weather effects, more or less like the ones in the Java version (with some limitations though, like the currently missing sky / clouds, as mentioned previously). But adding some more complex weather effects is on our to-do list (but before we can focus on that we first have to get some of the missing core mechanics ready)^^

• Hi Red,

Is there any chance we can add the posters to our Blueprints when saving our creations say if you add in your script's the file extension name Jpg, png, etc. not the file name just the extensions

if the player has access to creative mode, will the player get access to all your items in the game

• Is there any chance we can add the posters to our Blueprints when saving our creations say if you add in your script's the file extension name Jpg, png, etc. not the file name just the extensions

Well, we don't want to incorporate images into blueprints since this would greatly increase the size of most blueprints. And this would also introduce various copyright issues, unless you're the creator of the image (but I guess in most cases people just download some images from google) ^^

What do you mean regarding the file extension?

• What do you mean regarding the file extension?

file format xxx is the file name xxx.com xxx.exe xxx.jpg xxx.obj after the . it's a jpg dds png exe com this is called a file extension

if you add the file extension for the poster to your script for the blueprint ie. any texture format jpg png etc. that would be better for a blueprint.

• I keep coming back here and reading over the recent updates and have to admit I like this newer version better than the older one. I've played various walking simulators made with Unity in the past even a few games like Betrayer & Miasmata just to name a couple. Leaving Lyndow was another Unity game but mostly a point & click walking simulator. With Rising World built up in Unity your game could compete with Subnautica & Subnautica: Below Zero another awesome game completely built in Unity. red51 Keep up the amazing work I sincerely hope this game finally gets the attention it deserves and a gaming award. Every year I nominate this game but to no avail has it ever won. That's okay because 2020 is the year of strangeness :) you're going to win that award Red! Let's all vote for Rising World :thumbup:

• I keep coming back here and reading over the recent updates and have to admit I like this newer version better than the older one. I've played various walking simulators made with Unity in the past even a few games like Betrayer & Miasmata just to name a couple. Leaving Lyndow was another Unity game but mostly a point & click walking simulator. With Rising World built up in Unity your game could compete with Subnautica & Subnautica: Below Zero another awesome game completely built in Unity. red51 Keep up the amazing work I sincerely hope this game finally gets the attention it deserves and a gaming award. Every year I nominate this game but to no avail has it ever won. That's okay because 2020 is the year of strangeness :) you're going to win that award Red! Let's all vote for Rising World :thumbup:

On the Rising World server, I met my future husband, now together for 4 years. I don't care what engine Rising World is on. For me, Rising World is like a talisman, like that, but in the game I am charged with inertia, because there is a meditative atmosphere, grace. It cannot be compared to any side of the game. For me by extreme measure ^^<3

• Thanks a lot for your kind words ArcaneDesmond and Galochka :)

file format xxx is the file name xxx.com xxx.exe xxx.jpg xxx.obj after the . it's a jpg dds png exe com this is called a file extension

Lol, you really don't have to explain to me what a file extension is... I was asking what you mean exactly in your post about adding the file extension to blueprint (since that did not make any sense) :hushed:

• As you know when making a building and adding posters to it if you want to save the building as a Blueprint the poster will not be saved so if you add the poster extensions jpg png etc. To the blueprint script hopefully that should work in theory

• As you know when making a building and adding posters to it if you want to save the building as a Blueprint the poster will not be saved so if you add the poster extensions jpg png etc. To the blueprint script hopefully that should work in theory

Images aren't stored as png or jpg files, instead the game just stores the binary image data (including some meta data, like the user who placed the image etc). Storing the original image extension in blueprints wouldn't help in any way... If we want to include posters in blueprints, it would be necessary to include the actual image data - but as mentioned, this greatly increases the file size of blueprints, and this would also introduce copyright issues if the blueprints are shared with other users :|

• I was thinking of free images from here https://www.textures.com/ not copyright images

also when I use paint.net to create some words for the front of my building and blueprint it the words are gone from the blueprint is there any way to create a plugin for this?

Would it be possible for you to create a set of numbers from 0 to 9 block size and uppercase and lowercase letters from A to Z

• I was thinking of free images from here https://www.textures.com/ not copyright images

It wouldn't be a problem if you just create a blueprint for personal use (even if you use copyrighted images - no complaint, no redress). Problem is that blueprints are often shared in the forums, and if they're capable of including images, there is a much higher risk someone used a copyright-protected image there.

We're thinking about other ways (like blueprints just containing a reference to an image file on the hard drive, and if the image does not exist, the poster is simply discarded), but unfortunately I can't say much about that at this stage.

Would it be possible for you to create a set of numbers from 0 to 9 block size and uppercase and lowercase letters from A to Z

Adding numeric or alpahnumeric objects (at least case-insensitive) is something we take into consideration for the new version, but unfortunately I can't say much about that yet :|

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!