Status Update: Getting closer to the new version

• the draw distance seems to exceed the old version. wow!

Yes, the new version will be able to render larger view distances :) Actually that was really necessary due to the much higher mountains in the new version (the new mountains would look a bit stupid with the max view distance settings in the Java version, because you would only see a very small portion of the mountain at the same time)^^

Im guessing that it's also down to what setting it's showing at, which I would hope with using Unity should be slight more then what we had in the last version

In fact view distances will be treated a bit different in the new version: On the one hand, chunks are bigger now (32x32 instead of 16x16 blocks), so this doubles the view distance automatically. On the other hand, values are a bit different in the new version; while a view distance of 20 chunks, for example, referred to 20x20 chunks around the player in the Java version, this value now refers to 20 chunks in each direction (effectively being 40x40 chunks now).

In other words: If you set a view distance of 50 in the new version (which was the max setting in the Java version), you get the same view distance as if you set it to 200 chunks in the Java version ^^

Will there be build mode in the demo ?

As Avanar mentioned, unfortunately there are no construction elements in the new version yet. We're still working on that part. However, apart from terraforming (and some basic creative mode terrain tools), there are at least a few objects (furniture) in the game which can be placed and which use the same building system under the hood. It still has a few limitations though, but it already gives a very rough idea of the upcoming building tools. I've posted a screenshot of a small cabin entirely made out of tables (at least the walls, roof and floor) on Steam recently - it only took me 5 minutes to create that cabin (in the Java version, on the other hand, it would have been extremely cumbersome if you wanted to create a cabin out of tables) ^^ https://images.rising-world.ne…eview/misc/tablecabin.jpg

• Yes, once the new version is a bit more fleshed out so it can replace the Java version, the current Java version will be available as a separate beta branch ;)

That's true, but after having actual hands, the old style (floating items) looks a bit odd :D

This made me smile so big!! I didn't want to let go of our current server world but wanted to play the new version too. I can have the best of both worlds! :love::wow:

• This is great news. Is the banner at the top correct. Will I be able to try out the new version as it is now today after work and record it? If so, I am a very happy man. Thanks Red.

Yes of course :) The demo will be quite limited though, but should still give a good idea of what the new Rising World will look like. I'm looking forward to your video ^^ :thumbup:

• Red, you need to come to Greece for a free vacation and several good feasts. Deirdre built Santorini in Rising World. Thats how it looks like. I live there now. When I live in USA,I watched the video and it made me feel home. !There are areas like Flagstaff for Radioman to enjoy as well.(I used to live in Phoenix AZ,USA). My parents lived and got married in Berlin.(Dont know when Red lives but..) Its all coming together :}. A small dedicated forum family that expressed its own life, desires, architectural dreams through woodbeams,in Reds creation. RW is not just a game. Its a language that connects people from within. Its the ambition to build, the fire to explore, the desire get to know each other by visiting his/her house. Enthusiasm is the creator of great works! Just like Radioman said: Thank you Red!!-

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!