First playable version now available!

• Thanks for your feedback :)

Oh, fun! Is there a way to remove paint from an item?

Unfortunately there is currently no way to remove paint from an object (except picking up the object [by holding F] and placing it again). But we're thinking about adding an item like sandpaper in the future (or maybe paint thinner, as suggested by zfoxfire) ;)

Food appears not to heal injury right now. Is that just for the demo, or is it a new thing?

Yes, that's basically intended ^^ It's our intention to have food (at least raw food) only restore hunger/thirst. Once the cooking update is available, there could be special meals (which take a few more steps to prepare) which would also heal the player

I'm curious, are you guys going to take a short break?

Hehe, yeah, we really need a short break :D

Will there ever be a 32-bit version?

No, we have no plans for that. Out of curiosity, why do you even want a 32 bit version?^^

• Another very small update is available - apparently there were some issues if an unsupported language was selected. It also seems that the game crashed if it could not recognize any supported resolutions ;) Thanks for all your error reports so far btw, this really helps us to get the issues sorted out!

Changelog 2020-12-18 (0.1.2):

• [Bugfix] Fix crash if an unsupported language was selected
    • [Bugfix] Fix launch issue if the game could not initialize the audio output device
    • [Bugfix] Fix rare crash if the game does not recognize the supported display resolutions
    • [Bugfix] Smaller changes and fixes
  • Re the pick: If you tried running around holding a pick with your hands together like this you'd be exhausted and have bad wrists in a few minutes (any you'd look mighty odd!) :D

I fully agree, this pick position would exhaust the player very quickly during running.

On my grandfathers farm I did not transport the pick on my shoulder (the shoulder was too bony at that time) but moved my hand close towards the picks metal head. That way the metal head and the wooden grip were balanced and easier to carry along even in one hand only. I admit that I cannot remember carrying it while running ... I never ran towards work *cough*.

Another option for running would be to carry the pick close to the body in front of the belly, like running soldiers do that with their gun. Maybe this would be the better option because the pick is then out of sight, at least in singleplayer mode.

• Currently there are just some hard-coded colors, but you can change them by pressing the right mouse button :) In the future, there will be various dyes (and, in creative mode, you will be able to set arbitrary rgb colors)

It's okay. I can paint the town red, I'm happy xD

• My main computer currently has a Core2Duo 6400 (LGA 775). I thought about upgrading but the aren't new CPUs for this socket so I would have to buy an older one or upgrade my motherboard, but then as well I just just assemble a whole new computer. Besides, I would have to get a 64-bit version of Windows and transfer all of the files.

I hope you understand, sorry for my bad English.

• My main computer currently has a Core2Duo 6400 (LGA 775). I thought about upgrading but the aren't new CPUs for this socket so I would have to buy an older one or upgrade my motherboard, but then as well I just just assemble a whole new computer. Besides, I would have to get a 64-bit version of Windows and transfer all of the files.

I hope you understand, sorry for my bad English.

you can run a 64bit windows on that cpu in fact as far as i know MS stopped updating 32bit ages ago, also there are plenty of online stores that sell windows10 (keys) for cheaper then a lot of games these days.

• First I have to say : I love your new version, with that we can imagine how we all will have fun to play it ! thank you so much for the good work :)

My issue is : in windowed mod with my native resolution 3840x2160 I am loosing a part of the bottom screen (half of the squares with f1 etc) and if I change for the under resolution 2560x1600 the screen for the game is little on my 4k tv screen and the square between the - and the x to enlarge a windows is not active ;)

Nvidia geforce gtx 1660 ti

Oh, I'm afraid you won't be able to run the game on that CPU :| That CPU is 14 years old now, I still went to school when it was released :wat: In fact even the Java version struggles with that CPU... :/

Great job with the physics with those blocks did anyone else run into the hanging block just to watch it swing :crazy: not sure if its a thing or it will be separate would this also apply to water as well ie waterfalls with physics??.

Thanks :D But unfortunately they're not related to water physics ^^ For "proper" water physics, we would need thousands or millions of physical mini particles - but that would be way too demanding (in terms of performance), at least if there is more than a small pond in the world. Another problem is that water needs to be persistent - i.e. it's necessary to store the current state of the water and the individual positions of the water particles (and in multiplayer, we have to sync that data). Unfortunately that would be way too much data :(

My issue is : in windowed mod with my native resolution 3840x2160 I am loosing a part of the bottom screen (half of the squares with f1 etc) and if I change for the under resolution 2560x1600 the screen for the game is little on my 4k tv screen and the square between the - and the x to enlarge a windows is not active

Hmm... is there a reason you want to play in windowed mode (using your native resolution)? Otherwise I'd recommend to use the "fullscreen windowed" mode, this removes the border of the window so everything should be visible (but under the hood it's still a window - you cannot move it though, but you can easily switch to the desktop for example) ;)

• Hi Red not sure if I just missed the PM button somewhere but I have bought the game and it says I have a lisence, also got the email conf from June I think but its asking me to buy it again, can't seem to download the standalone version now? Is there anyway to check whats up please?

EDIT: Nevermind found it, just the store page gives option to buy even after you have bought it so got confused trying to find the download. Working now. Thanks :) Exciting!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!