Update 0.5: World generation

• Sometimes game can crash if you will change pivot point type, report was already sent :)

Thanks for the report! I couldn't reproduce it unfortunately, do you maybe know which action caused this? Apparently manual pivot mode was active, right? Did you change the shape, or the active pivot when this happened?

Anyway, this issue should still be fixed with the next hotfix ^^ I'm just curious how this happened in the first place :thinking:

I've been wondering for the longest while now if this is intentional, or if these objects need to learn how to be elevated above blocks.

This happens when collisions are disabled, as mentioned by Desmagu ... this can be changed in the building menu (hold C).

We have been thinking about removing this feature (or at least remove it from the building menu), as this is causing more harm than good lately :D

Another small bug - if you will paint element, then remove paint from it and break it - it will be marked as painted and will be impossible to stack with other items

Oh, thanks for letting me know! This is indeed unintentional, we will change that with the next hotfox ;)

• Thanks for the report! I couldn't reproduce it unfortunately, do you maybe know which action caused this? Apparently manual pivot mode was active, right? Did you change the shape, or the active pivot when this happened?

It was manual pivot point + triangular corner shape. I didn't change shape, but I rotated it and looked on different attachment points of other shapes during rotation and pivot changes

• You have collision disabled. You need to enable collision.

Alternatively, press Ctrl for manual positoning then use PageUp to move the item to the height you want it

Thankfully I learned of the ctrl + page up/down trick. I've been using it only just now getting the chance to post those images on the forum. I guess as Red51 said below I gotta use the 'C' menu for that.

Thank you both :)

This happens when collisions are disabled, as mentioned by Desmagu ... this can be changed in the building menu (hold C).

We have been thinking about removing this feature (or at least remove it from the building menu), as this is causing more harm than good lately :D

Thanks again. I've been using the ctrl + page up/down for awhile only now sharing. Thanks for telling me it's in the C menu. I'm trying to learn how to build with everything being a bit too complex and different. I'm also trying to figure out how to get planks. I can get things to half-slabs, but even that's a tedious process. I genuinely miss PNB system. I genuinely want planks back, even logs, even if I can get logs out of cylinder shapes. If you can add another menu type (object size and presets) that be much helpful. For example: Long, short, skinny, half-slab, etc.

I'm thankful I can use the 'ins' key to copy already placed objects in a new project. Saves some time.

• Another hotfix is now available! It adds a texture selection dialog for the creative mode terrain tools (press tab), fixes a memory leak causing crashes on multiplayer servers, updates the ore spawn rates and fixes various bugs :)

If you still run into any issues (especially if you're still experiencing crashes in multiplayer), please let us know!

Hotfix 0.5.0.2 2022-11-09:

• [New] Add terrain material selection menu for creative mode terrain tools (F5)
    • [Change] When crafting a block, the current screen now stays active (no longer getting kicked out to previous screen)
    • [Change] Add option to open folder path of a world (rightclick on world in singleplayer menu)
    • [Change] Add option to create a backup of a world (in .backup folder in Worlds dir, rightclick on world in singleplayer menu)
    • [Change] Add option to rename a world retroactively (rightclick on world in singleplayer menu)
    • [Change] When adapting a block to another block (key INSERT), it now properly adapts the rotation
    • [Change] Reduced brightness of torch in deep underground areas (below 0)
    • [Change] After unequipping an item (key H), you can re-equip it now by pressing H again
    • [Change] The "gotospawn" console command now takes you to your bed or tent (if available)
    • [Change] Further increased ore spawn rate, also make aluminium spawn more frequently now above sea level
    • [Bugfix] Fixed memory leak causing crashes in multiplayer (need feedback)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug that main menu background scene sometimes had missing textures
    • [Bugfix] Fixed inventory sort not working in multiplayer
    • [Bugfix] Fixed pumpkin plants not giving seeds if being cut while not fully grown
    • [Bugfix] Fixed furnaces sometimes being on even though they're actually turned off
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug that caused the whole screen to turn black sometimes (caused by NaN in grass mesh)
    • [Bugfix] Removing color from a block now properly removes it (previously caused them to not stack in inventory if being picked up again)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed various multiplayer-related bugs
    • [Bugfix] Fixed "findbase" console command
  • [Change] Add option to open folder path of a world (rightclick on world in singleplayer menu)
    [Change] Add option to create a backup of a world (in .backup folder in Worlds dir, rightclick on world in singleplayer menu)
    [Change] Add option to rename a world retroactively (rightclick on world in singleplayer menu)

Interesting timing. I struggled to figure out where the world main folder is, even though I knew it was somewhere in the main folder. I'm not sure I even backed it up, I shall be using this more often now. Maybe I can do some experiments in the future between PC and Steam Deck.

[Change] After unequipping an item (key H), you can re-equip it now by pressing H again

I've noticed this. I'm glad it's fixed.

[Bugfix] Fixed furnaces sometimes being on even though they're actually turned off

I may have had a furnace or two go rogue on me. Glad this is fixed. I came back to half the fuel missing.

[Bugfix] Removing color from a block now properly removes it (previously caused them to not stack in inventory if being picked up again)

Hmm..... Probably not my issue. I wish my more similar issue had a more user friendly way of dealing with it. Some hand holding via text of how to go back to a default colour when using the colour picker option.

Cool. Nice stuff. Some of these actually effected me so it's nice seeing them fixed.

• This happens when collisions are disabled, as mentioned by Desmagu ... this can be changed in the building menu (hold C).

i totally use the collisions enabled/disabled thing! please don't remove, if possible

If I respond in German, sorry for bad grammar. I don't speak German, but I do speak Google Translate. The community seems too nice to stay away!

----

Wenn ich auf Deutsch antworte, entschuldige ich für jede schlechte Grammatik. Ich spreche kein Deutsch, aber ich spreche Google Translate. Die Gemeinde scheint zu schön, nicht zu bleiben!

• Well done, tank you,

Checked out the followings:

• [Change] When crafting a block, the current screen now stays active (no longer getting kicked out to previous screen) :thumbup:
    • [Change] Add option to open folder path of a world (rightclick on world in singleplayer menu) :thumbup:
    • [Change] Add option to create a backup of a world (in .backup folder in Worlds dir, rightclick on world in singleplayer menu) :thumbup:
    • [Change] Add option to rename a world retroactively (rightclick on world in singleplayer menu) :thumbup:
    • [Change] After unequipping an item (key H), you can re-equip it now by pressing H again :thumbup:
    • [Bugfix] Fixed furnaces sometimes being on even though they're actually turned off :thumbup:

Sorry but for this, didn't found any menu under creative F5 :thinking:

Check :thumbup:

• [New] Add terrain material selection menu for creative mode terrain tools (F5) :thumbup:

And

• [Change] Reduced brightness of torch in deep underground areas (below 0)

Here is for the torch (much better now) :thumbup: :

• [Change] When crafting a block, the current screen now stays active (no longer getting kicked out to previous screen)

I failed to comprehend and note this at the time, this is one of the best QoL additions. I'm no longer kicked out of the main menu when building allowing me to spam-craft blocks 99x how many times I need them. Excellent. Keep up the good work. Now, back to building. <3

• Thanks a lot for your feedback! :)

Hmm..... Probably not my issue. I wish my more similar issue had a more user friendly way of dealing with it. Some hand holding via text of how to go back to a default colour when using the colour picker option.

Yeah, it was basically this bug which was originally reported by paulevs ;)

i totally use the collisions enabled/disabled thing! please don't remove, if possible

Oh, it's good to know this feature is actually used! :) Do you also use it for object placement (e.g. when placing doors, furniture etc), or just when building with blocks?

found i minor bug. when equiping a cycle using right click from inventory it will not harves and i get this in the console Player james1bow illegal state: Vegetation remove: There is no sickle equipped

Thanks for letting me know! This is indeed a bug, we'll fix that with the next update :)

I failed to comprehend and note this at the time, this is one of the best QoL additions. I'm no longer kicked out of the main menu when building allowing me to spam-craft blocks 99x how many times I need them. Excellent. Keep up the good work. Now, back to building. <3

Hehe, thanks for letting me know, I'm glad to hear this change was helpful!

• Yeah, it was basically this bug which was originally reported by paulevs ;)

I had a similar issue where I couldn't make one block the same sort of white, even if I bookmarked it. Thankfully it looks the same so I just rolled with it.

Hehe, thanks for letting me know, I'm glad to hear this change was helpful!

That, and the world features you've added (previous posting). I have yet to backup, save, find the world folder, etc but I'm glad it's there for when I need it.

• totally use the collisions enabled/disabled thing! please don't remove, if possible

I fully agree with this wish :) I was digging for ore and thought that I must have digged to the other side of the mountain meanwhile. I continued digging and digging and digging and then used the collision feature to check where I was ... just to realize that my tunnel had made a 180° turn and I was back near to where I had started digging :D:D I definitely need to craft a compass!

• Looks like physics for some objects can get a random update, and decide that object don't have support, and collapse it (even if it has support or is attached). Or several attached objects. Or some dozens of ladders that were only one way to get out of mineshaft...

Probably some objects (like ladders) should have more lightweight collapse conditions

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!