Update 0.6: Animals

• Another hotfix (0.6.0.2) is available now btw, it fixes some smaller issues. It's also necessary to update multiplayer servers for this hotfix :)

Hotfix 0.6.0.2 (2023-03-02):

• [Change] Improved back slots in furnace (it's now easier to place ores there)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed spinning wheel breaking sporadically for no apparent reason
    • [Bugfix] Fixed "Adapt to World Element" function not working correctly
    • [Bugfix] Fixed error when trying to spawn the arctic fox
    • [Bugfix] Fixed grid not working properly for blueprints
    • [Bugfix] Fixed blueprints sometimes having a weird offset
    • [Bugfix] Fixed error when entering domain names into the "Connect to IP" field
  • Another hotfix (0.6.0.2) is available now btw, it fixes some smaller issues. It's also necessary to update multiplayer servers for this hotfix :)

• [Bugfix] Fixed error when entering domain names into the "Connect to IP" field

Thank you!

Great, thx for the hotfix, and especially for the return of INSERT key :)

• red51 have you done performance testing regarding the number of construction elements? My cathedral is up to 37764 elements and it causes a noticeable amount of lag to the whole server when I log in (other players tell me they know when I am logging in, because their game gets laggy for about 30 seconds). Do you have any idea how performance will be effected as that number goes up? I estimate the finished structure will be around 60,000 elements.

• Dedicated server.

After activating Creative Mode and/or adding a Creative Group to the "Groups" folder, the Server disappears from the "Server List". Players connect via ip.

Where is the connection? How to fix?

Hmm, my server keeps disappearing from the server list as well. I wonder if its because we have a Creative permissions group in the "Areas" folder?

Green Valleys - PvE Survival - Land Claims/Portals/SetHome - discord.gg/EQ6a9mb

• Hmm, my server keeps disappearing from the server list as well. I wonder if its because we have a Creative permissions group in the "Areas" folder?

Seems to be something wrong with creative mode indeed...

Cause in my SinglePlayer mode, don't know if it was beacause I activated (before update) the creative mode, but now, each time I start the game I start by default as GM 1 activated all the time (and my stats food, drink, etc... always rested to full state... kinda embarrassing) :/

A part of that, I also found a small bug red51, as you can see on the picture bellow, when you place a torch the shadow of an animal nearby, become stuck to that point forever and the shadow will never more be dynamic and follow his NPC...

• red51 have you done performance testing regarding the number of construction elements? My cathedral is up to 37764 elements and it causes a noticeable amount of lag to the whole server when I log in (other players tell me they know when I am logging in, because their game gets laggy for about 30 seconds). Do you have any idea how performance will be effected as that number goes up? I estimate the finished structure will be around 60,000 elements.

Hmm... we ran tests with up to 1M construction elements :wat: What sort of "lag" do other people experience when you log in? Actual lags, i.e. a considerable delay when they place or break stuff, or performance issues (game stutters, freezes, low fps etc)?

The latter would be very weird, but the former could be a networking thing. If the server is busy sending you the chunk data (37K construction elements result in 4MB of data the server has to send to you, but that first gets compressed, so probably we're talking about 1-2MB), this may prevent the server from handling other world-related things. Do you have a high ping to that server? The higher the ping, the lower the bandwidth to the server (although it's still a bit weird that 37K elements [which really isn't too much] is already causing issues for 30 seconds) :thinking:

Dedicated server.

After activating Creative Mode and/or adding a Creative Group to the "Groups" folder, the Server disappears from the "Server List". Players connect via ip.

Where is the connection? How to fix?

Does the server still disappear from the list? We've increased the timeout on the master server last night, so if you server still disappeared in the last 12 hours, there must still be something wrong =O

Hmm, my server keeps disappearing from the server list as well. I wonder if its because we have a Creative permissions group in the "Areas" folder?

Does that also happen in the last 12 hours? 8|

Cause in my SinglePlayer mode, don't know if it was beacause I activated (before update) the creative mode, but now, each time I start the game I start by default as GM 1 activated all the time (and my stats food, drink, etc... always rested to full state... kinda embarrassing) :/

Is it a creative mode world? In the singleplayer menu you can see if a world was created in survival or creative mode :) If you want to change it permanently to survival mode, you can load the world and type this into console sql Meta UPDATE worldinfos SET value='survival' WHERE key='gamemode';

A part of that, I also found a small bug red51, as you can see on the picture bellow, when you place a torch the shadow of an animal nearby, become stuck to that point forever and the shadow will never more be dynamic and follow his NPC...

Oh, thanks for letting me know! This is caused by the shadow caching (the game only renders shadows once and cache them for reasons of performance)... I will put that on our to-do list :) As a "workaround", you can fix this by turning the torch off and on again^^

• Yesterday we wiped the server 3 times, and when the server settings are default, the server is immediately visible in the list, and after activating the Creative mode and adding groups with creative permissions, the server disappears from the list.

We will wait 24 hours as I am at work tomorrow. I'm sure the problem will remain.

I know that the problem will be solved, but the relationship is interesting, (the list of servers and groups is not clear). :thinking::)

• Is it a creative mode world? In the singleplayer menu you can see if a world was created in survival or creative mode :) If you want to change it permanently to survival mode, you can load the world and type this into console sql Meta UPDATE worldinfos SET value='survival' WHERE key='gamemode';

Yes, It worked :nerd: thank you so much ^^

Oh, thanks for letting me know! This is caused by the shadow caching (the game only renders shadows once and cache them for reasons of performance)... I will put that on our to-do list :) As a "workaround", you can fix this by turning the torch off and on again^^

ok thank you, and yes the workaround works, and you can also update/modify the terrain and poouuffff , it gones... ^^ ^^ :thumbup: thanks ;)

• Just for info.

The server has a 45Mbps upload speed and 350Mbps download speed.

64GB RAM, 2 Xeon processors, SSD RAID disks.

Usually runs around 5-10% utilisation.

• red51 i can confirm servers are still not showing in the list. my latest server restart was 2 hours ago and it stopped showing again. not sure if its a steam issue but steam has had an unusual amount of down time over the last 24-48 hours. https://downdetector.com/status/steam/

I've had a few guys ask me if MR was down but when i check the server it's still operational. So I'm guessing when they ask me if it's offline, it's actually just not showing up on the list like james'

• red51 i can confirm servers are still not showing in the list. my latest server restart was 2 hours ago and it stopped showing again.

That's weird :thinking: I have no idea what could be causing this... we'll have to take a closer look at this issue :monocle:

Just for info.

The server has a 45Mbps upload speed and 350Mbps download speed.

That should be more than enough, but it's anyway weird that 1-2 MB of traffic already cause a 30 second lag :wat:

• We just released the new hotfix which changes the spawn rates for animals (and also introduces a slider to change the spawn rate manually). It also fixes a few bugs, especially regarding terrain blueprints. It's also necessary to update multiplayer servers btw ;)

Hotfix 0.6.0.3 (2023-03-04):

• [New] Added setting to change the spawn rate for animals
    • [Change] Animals no longer spawn on snow covered mountains (this doesn't affect already spawned animals)
    • [Change] Reduced default spawn rate for animals (does not affect already spawned animals)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed large terrain blueprints not being placed correctly
    • [Bugfix] Eating food no longer resets your breath if you're underwater
    • [Bugfix] Fixed gunshots being audible from a long distance while inside a building
    • [Bugfix] Fixed servers sometimes not starting properly after a restart (need feedback)
  • Hmm... we ran tests with up to 1M construction elements :wat: What sort of "lag" do other people experience when you log in? Actual lags, i.e. a considerable delay when they place or break stuff, or performance issues (game stutters, freezes, low fps etc)?

The latter would be very weird, but the former could be a networking thing. If the server is busy sending you the chunk data (37K construction elements result in 4MB of data the server has to send to you, but that first gets compressed, so probably we're talking about 1-2MB), this may prevent the server from handling other world-related things. Do you have a high ping to that server? The higher the ping, the lower the bandwidth to the server (although it's still a bit weird that 37K elements [which really isn't too much] is already causing issues for 30 seconds) :thinking:

I do have very high ping, usually around 300 (I live in Australia, server in the UK). I dont know exactly what their lag is like, I have just been told that its very noticeable. Because of my ping I always have bad lag no matter what. But I do notice it is far worse than it ever was in the java version, with the same connections and ping.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!