Portals Plugin for Unity

• Frage wie kann man das erstellen eines Portals abbrechen. Wen ich P gedrückt habe komme ich da nicht mehr raus ohne ein portal zu erstellen.

Habe mich dan ausgelogt und bin dan wieder rein und leider steht da ein Portal jetzt und man kann den nahmen nicht sehen um es zu löschen.

Ist es machbar unter /portals eine liste von den Portals zu machen das man die Namen sehen kann ??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question how can you cancel the creation of a portal. If I pressed P I can't get out without creating a portal.

I then logged out and then I'm back in and unfortunately there is a portal now and you can't see the name to delete it.

Is it possible to make a list of the portals under /portals so that you can see the names ??

• try scrolling the portal group up or down with the button at either end in the /portals window. There is a list but you just don't see them all at the same time.

alternately you can get a DB browser and edit the data base by hand. You can see all the portal sets at the same time that way. Just go to the Browse data tab after opening the .db file in the browser and the list should just be there. DB Browser for sqlite is a good 1.

also the name is in white with black framing just inside the corona at the top of the portals. they are very small so get close to be able to see them. That is being worked on for a new update.

• Bump

Version 4.2 now uploaded, needs a new database for this version, so if you want to use this version you will need to reset all your portals

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • All players can now use the (/portals) command only admins can delete and rename portals, but all players can use the teleport to any portal button.

but if that were the case, that no matter where I am, I can use any teleport using the menu, why do I still need an entrance and exit?

I tried to teleport myself to an exit without standing at the entrance and landed somewhere in the water.

ok ... i need an input and an output to walk through ... but would it be possible to create only the output, which can then only be controlled/teleported via the menu?

• but if that were the case, that no matter where I am, I can use any teleport using the menu, why do I still need an entrance and exit?

I tried to teleport myself to an exit without standing at the entrance and landed somewhere in the water.

ok ... i need an input and an output to walk through ... but would it be possible to create only the output, which can then only be controlled/teleported via the menu?

You always need an entrance and exit, the menu option is for users convenience

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Quote from Yahgiggle

All players can now use the (/portals) command only admins can delete and rename portals, but all players can use the teleport to any portal button.

yahgiggle Can this be disabled or set to admin only? We may not want TP access to all portals -- just the portals themselves (e.g. private portals). no config file to tweak

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• OK I love the work you have put into the portal plugin. So this plugin is great if your on a creative only building platform. But it sucks for a pvp platform. If any player can just bring up the command and see the list they can use it to gain entrance right into someones place. How is this fair to someone? PVP players should have to seek out and find peoples claims not just type a command and walk right in. Our server is both pvp/ PVE. Its not fair for those who are just building but dont want to pvp.

Can we get the new one but operates like the old version on Java?

• Redeye: Take a look at WTGPortals, there is a small authorization system. I can't say to what extent the plugin is finished or needs to be further developed.

sorry for the late reply, nursing a wrist injury atm. ill get back to updating the plugins when it gets better. indeed there is a setting to set the portals public/private. when a portal is set to private it is ignored and not synced to the player on connect. this way its as if the portal doesnt even exist if its set to private.

• Ok It has been a long while but I cannot seem to get his plugin to work. Assuming the methodology is similar to the JAVA version with a directory in the Plugins directory and the name of the directory in the server.properties. Is that correct?

• Ok It has been a long while but I cannot seem to get his plugin to work. Assuming the methodology is similar to the JAVA version with a directory in the Plugins directory and the name of the directory in the server.properties. Is that correct?

no its nothing like the old java, this one has a menu type setup, to place the first portal you hit the p key the menu opens with options, you can name the portal here and pick the color, you exit that menu then goto where you want the exit portal to be and hit the o key the portals are then set, you can edit the names or delete portals by using the command /portals in chat this opens the edit menu

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • no its nothing like the old java, this one has a menu type setup, to place the first portal you hit the p key the menu opens with options, you can name the portal here and pick the color, you exit that menu then goto where you want the exit portal to be and hit the o key the portals are then set, you can edit the names or delete portals by using the command /portals in chat this opens the edit menu

No I am asking for the setup in the configure files and putting it on the server files. Again it has been a while but just putting in the files in a directory called plugins and then entering the name in server.propterties files does not seem the work. When I used to do this in the JAVA version you could do a generic call and a specific call in the routine. If you used a specific name call it had to match exactly the plugin directory. How should the files be structured in the Plugins direction and added to the server.properties file?

Sorry this is just the first time I have fooled with this on a test server with Unity. Thanks for any help in advance.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!