Upcoming: Water update

• @ zfoxfire your pool is a mess clean it up before you get any water... ummm Never mind you need water to clean the pool so you can get the water to clean the pool so you can....Hmm....

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

• And yes, we said that last week. I know.. But I've chatted with Red on this and he took some extra time getting the shader settings the way he wanted them and it delayed a few other small tasks needed before the code can be released. He didn't want to rush and wanted to do it right. :) And its going to be nice when it does.

• "But I want it this week! I don't want any extra features! Want it all buggy, AND I WANT IT NOW!" *bangs keepboard hard* "Give me it now! now, now NOW! You don't have to polish it because it's complete already!"

>insert wall of text saying why having water update now helps them sleep better at night + how games shouldn't be held back by simply released day one as it's white-washing the developers & why the world is red<

-----------

• I`ll just say that I still remember biomes update delay.... Happy Waiting for us all!

Actually the biomes update was not exactly what I had expected . I was expecting it to look more like Astral Terra does now. Anyhow every game is unique and every game has its own look. Rising world does not look bad at all but it does look kind of vanilla compared to others I have seen recently. I still like it over all. Rising world is going to still be a great game. I hope when they do electric power and stuff that it works kind of like it does in starsone,

• Actually the biomes update was not exactly what I had expected . I was expecting it to look more like Astral Terra does now. Anyhow every game is unique and every game has its own look. Rising world does not look bad at all but it does look kind of vanilla compared to others I have seen recently. I still like it over all. Rising world is going to still be a great game. I hope when they do electric power and stuff that it works kind of like it does in starsone,

Actually I'm happy that they dont look like Astral Terra. If you ask me, I dont like the look of Astral Terra.This stupid "lets put together some buyed Unity Assets" :thumbdown: in Rising World they at least make it theirself instead of just buying some premade stuff.

• Actually I'm happy that they dont look like Astral Terra. If you ask me, I dont like the look of Astral Terra.This stupid "lets put together some buyed Unity Assets" :thumbdown: in Rising World they at least make it theirself instead of just buying some premade stuff.

Actually , A lot of games purchase assets. I would not be surprised if rising world uses a few third party assets also. 1 person simply cant be a graphics artist , sound engineer all at the same time. This is quite common.

• Actually , A lot of games purchase assets. I would not be surprised if rising world uses a few third party assets also. 1 person simply cant be a graphics artist , sound engineer all at the same time. This is quite common.

It is still different when you buy some models or sounds, or when you buy big parts of your program code. Astral terra uses a terrain pack from the asset store that contain voxel terrain, water, biomes, multiplayer and building system. I try Unity in the past and I am NOT a programmer, but it is so easy to use. every idiot can just buy some unity assets, change some parameter and sell it as a game. there are million of that asset flips on Steam <X kudos to jiw that they write their code theirself, I prefer original stuff instead of some assets million other games already use.

• We're lucky Red has a team of 3 + some freelancers & a new guy. I'm actually loving Rising World more over this 'Astral Tera' game, and such. What I got used to, and what we shall get used to some more once water hits.

And was told we're not getting boats so I'm now raging. It'll be bundled with player models, which is indeed wise but that's my impatience talking. Lots of nice goodies to look forward to, even not water related. Or so I was told......

• Not yet.. the boats are animated with the new player models.

And I am sure as more plant varieties come that the game will look getter. Also better randomization of plants would help. There is a lua script that places random plants and it makes the ground loook better.

I would like to see shorter grass too. Perhaps taller grass closer to some trees. Its all algorithms that need to be improved upon. Most of the ingredients are in there already.

• Well, as for me, I'm especially looking forward to this update for this reason: To see people coming back playing on my server, it's so boring to be the only idiot in an entire world...

• I'm gutted. This morning I'd been playing RW, then had to break off so closed it down. Came back a bit later and loaded it again. steam opened and said was updating I thought "Water" Yahooooo :) Set up a new game called Water 1, then found it wasn't that update :(. It was like someone had cancelled Christmas. Best take the Prozac tonight :lol:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!