Changelog 2019-03-12: New npcs, better AI, modded items

• try using block placer. it helps in making smooth waterfalls. Best when building on grid. I know what you mean about the triangles in the water though. We do the best we can :)

• A small hotfix (0.9.5.3) is now available which hopefully fixes most of the issues out there :) It's necessary to update multiplayer servers.

Changelog 2019-03-14 (0.9.5.3):

• [New] New item: Club, which is craftable from the very beginning
    • [New] Added command "deleteallnpc" to remove all npcs from the world
    • [Change] Furnaces now provide warmth to the player if he is nearby
    • [Change] Changed mining drill sounds
    • [Bugfix] Fixed performance issues related to npcs (need feedback)
  • A small hotfix (0.9.5.3) is now available which hopefully fixes most of the issues out there :) It's necessary to update multiplayer servers.

Changelog 2019-03-14 (0.9.5.3):

• [New] New item: Club, which is craftable from the very beginning
    • [New] Added command "deleteallnpc" to remove all npcs from the world
    • [Change] Furnaces now provide warmth to the player if he is nearby
    • [Change] Changed mining drill sounds
    • [Bugfix] Fixed performance issues related to npcs (need feedback)

I thought furnaces were fixed last update?

• can we increase and decrease bandit population lvls? The skeletons seem to be fine but I am finding the bandits to be a little sparse. Can we have a way to control the population lvls please?

also, the animal lvls and spawning is a lot better.

• What do you mean exactly? Do you just want them to not attack you anymore, or do you want them to actually help you fighting other hostiles etc? Currently we don't have a mechanism in place to have actual "buddy npcs", but that's definitely planned

Well, what I mean is somehow seeing a skeleton to then attach their "soul" to a craftable book which would be made "magical" in some manner. Maybe we loot this book from the dungeons, or maybe we can craft it... Whatever works best from your POV. We could use this book to control them that even if they "die", they would still be able to be re-summoned while being safe in the book. Whatever equipment we'd give them, they'd keep, thanks to the book. I don't know how you would do this but would love to have skeletons as minions, as we find in every other RPG game out there. Skyrim, Dragon's Dogma, or whatever when you play as a 'Sorcerer', mage, or whichever.

Having them be your body guards at the least would be amusing. But if it's planned I won't pressure you, just feeling a new void opening up thanks to this update heh.

Sidenote: I keep forgetting to mention we should be able to loot from skeletons. Some skeleton bones, whatever they're wearing, and etc.

• Thanks again for all the fixes. But have a question, one of my worlds has very little forest close to where I build (mainly savanna, grassland, and some mountains) I wondered if I planted a forest would that spawn bandits? :)

• @red51 thanks Red! I just applied this to my server and notice an odd side effect. FPS greatly increased but I notice, many resized posters got reset to default size (small). Others see the same? I noticed it right away because my portal station has resized transparent portal images used in our portals. I'm now not sure if players will fit in these small portals! :D

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• @red51 what I meant by a narrator is kind of like what Mojang implemented for Minecraft in 1.12. It narrates every action in the game from a cow that moos to the block you place or break. Also I happened to notice that Skeletons were respawning in previously looted dungeons and rats were taking over my quarry site. I disabled the rats because you can't kill them for some reason, they breed like rabbits and are a nightmare on your FPS. It's like their hitbox is too small. Anyways yeah about the narrator it's just something I thought of because I seen it being used not just in Minecraft but in other games as well for years.

• @red51Thanks so much for the response! After I played single player for a bit & updated all my server players on the bandits, skeletons, spiders, etc... They all agree they do want all the new features on & want them to be aggressive, however, they do want the animals to stay on peaceful. Is there a way to accomplish that? I am going to play with the server files & console to see if I can figure something out. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Also, just wanted to let you know, I see the popularity of this game growing every day. On both of my channels it gets more views than anything else, & I have had many people message me & tell me after seeing the fun I have with it, they had to buy it & are glad they did. I gifted it to a few folks. It tickles me to see all of this because when I first started doing videos & streams on it, I had several people tell me it wouldn't pull in an audience because it wasn't aggressive enough. I didn't really care what about what they said because I will only play what I truly enjoy, so I was going to do it regardless, but nice to see both the game itself & the community around it prove them wrong & continue to grow. Thanks for such an amazing game! <3

• A minor hotfix was just released which fixes the blueprint and poster issues. There is no need to update servers. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I thought furnaces were fixed last update?

What do you mean exactly with "fixed"? Previously furnaces were not considered as "heat source" by the game...

can we increase and decrease bandit population lvls? The skeletons seem to be fine but I am finding the bandits to be a little sparse. Can we have a way to control the population lvls please?

Currently there is no way to change the bandit population, but we'll give more control about these things in the near future ;)

One new problem: all my (large) posters are resized to small ones .....

I'm sorry about that, this was a bug, but it should be fixed now!

I wondered if I planted a forest would that spawn bandits?

Unfortunately that doesn't work :( Bandits will not spawn in modified chunks... but we will add something like "monster spawners" in the future ;)

It narrates every action in the game from a cow that moos to the block you place or break

Hmm... implementing something like that requires a lot of work. Probably it makes more sense to implement it once the game is in late beta or final state (otherwise we have to spend a lot of time to keep all information up-to-date when a new update arrives)...

I disabled the rats because you can't kill them for some reason, they breed like rabbits and are a nightmare on your FPS

The FPS issues should be fixed now, but we're still looking into the hitbox issue ;)

Whenever I "hide the body" I hear the sound of stone breaking

Hmm... unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce this issue 8| Where does the "stone breaking sound" come from exactly? From the dead body? Did it happen in singleplayer or multiplayer?

They all agree they do want all the new features on & want them to be aggressive, however, they do want the animals to stay on peaceful. Is there a way to accomplish that?

Yes, just open the "server.properties" file with a text editor and set "settings_peacefulmode_enabled" to true, then save the file, and start the server. This enables the peaceful mode, i.e. npcs will not attack you (unless you attack them) ;)

• Thanks so much! I already had it on peaceful, but what they are wanting is the animals to be peaceful but NPCs to be aggressive even without being attacked. I worded it poorly before. Sorry about that. Again, thanks so much though! :)

• ALright, I was trying to make the NPC spawn rate "higher" so they wouldn't spawn so much, yet instead I made it spawn more? What I do wrong?

settings_npc_respawncheck_cooldown=10000
    settings_npc_spawnrate_animals=9.0
    settings_npc_spawnrate_enemies=1.0

The right settings?

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObeseToughBarracudaBCWarrior

-----------

Edit:

I changed the second line to 0.5 now..... I now have a major cleanup to do now, damn..........

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!